Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Merchandise

Please let us know if there are any other discussion categories you want included on this forum, or is there something else you would like to see included on this website ?

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby thatsthatthen » Wed May 14, 2008 6:15 pm

Thanks Archie

I saw the Totting Times on ebay - but the found I could read them all online on another S&S website and they were okay but not exactly riveting reading.

So, does the Rag & Bone magazine predate the Totting Times?

Gosh everyone but me seems to have The Bargee. Guess I'm doomed to scour the shelves of charity shops forever...or come up with the tenner to buy it on ebay :cry:

Not seen Crooks in Cloisters - just checked Amazon Market: £49.99!! Crazy.
Who did she think she was?
thatsthatthen

MERCHANDISE

Postby harold » Wed May 14, 2008 6:26 pm

NO RIAN I HAVE NOT SEEN ALL THE EPISODES BUT AS SOON AS I GET ME BOXSET I WILL WATCHING THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN I NEVER GET TIRED OF WATCHING STEPTOE AND SON
harold

Postby Rian » Thu May 15, 2008 9:08 am

aw well make sure you savour the moment of watching a steptoe episode for the first time :)
Rian

MERCHANDISE

Postby harold » Thu May 15, 2008 6:25 pm

OH I HAVE SEEN A FEW EPISODES ON THE INTERNET BUT IT IS NOTHING LIKE WATCHING IT ON ME TELLY
harold

Postby Rian » Thu May 15, 2008 6:38 pm

oh yes i agree,theres nothing better that watching it on your tv
Rian

Postby thatsthatthen » Thu May 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Hey Rian

How are your exams going? Should you not be studying tonight?!
thatsthatthen

Postby Rian » Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 am

hi thatsthatthen thanks for remembering lol
well i started my first exam on wednesday and it went ok,i have 2 on monday and 1 on tuesday and then i leave school on friday and then just go back for the rest of the exams up until the 11th june,so i will be revising very hard again this weekend. :lol:
Rian

Postby thatsthatthen » Mon May 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Rian

Good luck for your exam tomorrow!
Aah .. exams ... I remember those days. Fun fun fun!

I just sat finals on yet another university course (I am the perpetual student). Graduation's in July!

Not sure what to do now... thinking maybe a higher in Biology. A few years ago I did a Higher in Psychology just for fun (it was free!). Really enjoyed it. But am thinking I should maybe do something more creative ... like graphic design or even learn to play the piano.

Hmm. Decisions. Perhaps I'll just spend my spare time reading loads more Steptoe-linked books.
thatsthatthen

Postby thrupnybit » Mon May 19, 2008 11:22 pm

Thatsthatthen you should learn to play the joanna and show us how you tinkle on the ivories!! (Oo-er missus?)!
Russ

'Why would I want to touch your thrupnybits for, I got thrupnybits o... of me own...'
thrupnybit

Postby thatsthatthen » Wed May 28, 2008 10:12 pm

Well I decided to sign up for a Higher in Human Biology. It looks really interesting and past exam papers look pretty straightforward. I am the perpetual student for sure.
My CV is a mess.

...and the joanna will have to wait.

Anyway. I got a copy of the Bargee and watched it the other night. It's okay, not great, but a good colourful film. I like Ronnie Barker but he's not in it enough. Derek Nimmo's funny too. Nice to see Richard Briers and Brian Wilde looking so young!!

But Eric Sykes steals it.

He is marvelous. Has anyone read his autobiography? What a lovely bit of happy, positive writing that was. A joy from start to finish. He is a very cheery chap indeed. Nice recent cameo in Son of Rambow. He just keeps on giving.
thatsthatthen

Postby charlie » Fri May 30, 2008 9:56 pm

Hey TTT, I'll see what i can do," If i can't simply connect a simple vcr to a simple dvd recorder i might as well simply turn it in."
As regards the Jigsaws I saw them on e-bay a few years ago,but that was the last time i saw them.I think there were pictures of them on another steptoe site.I'll have a look...
charlie

Postby charlie » Fri May 30, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi ttt,
Found the jigsaws onthe Original Steptoe & Son site,Try this, http://www.howardm.net/steptoe/jigsaw.php
charlie

Postby thatsthatthen » Sat May 31, 2008 10:04 am

Hey Charlie

Thanks for the links. Gosh they're not what I expected at all. Illustrations rather than photos - how unusual.
I've never seen these before - bet there's very few out there.
But well found - and thanks again!

I'd not seen that website before - so thanks for that too...more stuff for me to read - hooray!
:D
thatsthatthen

Re: Merchandise

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 am

Like most classic series Steptoe surprisingly didn't have much period memorabilia other than the ususal records, the odd Autograph/signed film mag being sold on ebay once in a blue moon plus a signed Galton & Simpson Steptoe & Son Print a few years back and more recent figure wise the Lledo Diecast Horse & Cart and I've seen a statue of Albert in the sink with a box of Omo/vim. I wish somebody would create some more other than the usual T shirt/ Stickers. :(

(P/S) My 1972 Steptoe Radio Times :wink:

Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: Merchandise

Postby steptoe and son scrap » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:57 pm

hello bob why cant i look in on the shop menu it asks for the forum passworf why is that?
Albert Steptoe: 'Ere, that's a What the Butler Saw machine!

Harold Steptoe: Ah, you recognize it! Takes you back to your lecherous youth, does it?

You're worse than a fly 'round a cow's arsehole.
steptoe and son scrap

PreviousNext

Return to What do you want ?