Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

1967 xmas

Please let us know if there are any other discussion categories you want included on this forum, or is there something else you would like to see included on this website ?

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

1967 xmas

Postby rumneylu » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:59 pm

i was wondering whether anyone knew anything about he 1967 xmas which i have seen on the in ternet i have only seen one scene in which harold and albert walk out of a pub a wee bit brahms and lisp so does anyone know anything about it
>>>luke<<<
rumneylu

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 pm

This is all that exists of a much longer sketch (which still exists in audio form). It is known as 'Christmas Night With The Stras' and the steptoe sketch was just part of a longer show.

Although the full sketch is in audio form, we are longing for a video of it to be discovered but it does not look likely.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Re: 1967 xmas

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:48 pm

I knew there was an Xmas 1967 show filmed although I know a lot of material was binned by the bright sparks at the BBC. I've a couple of show " Christmas NIght with the Stars" on DVD but sadly not the Steptoe sketch which I dearly would have loved to see. Let's hope one clever person taped it and that it's lying in some dusty box somewhere waiting to be rediscoverd. We all can dream. :)
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to What do you want ?