Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Did i miss the point ???

BBC4 are broadcasting a documentary drama about the lives of Wilfred and Harry. What do you think ? Please let us have any comments about this programme

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Did i miss the point ???

Postby Sven Donkers » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:49 am

Just a small enquiry to anyone who might know.

Having watched "curse of..." I noticed that when Harry was talking to his agent on the phone, it was mentioned that "Wev'e heard back from the Carry Ons and it's a no"
Was this a reference to Carry On Screaming, because surely he did get a role in that film. :shock:

Mabe it was about something else, but it's been bothering me so i hope someone more clued up can help. :shock:
Sven Donkers

After using my Brain...

Postby Sven Donkers » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:58 pm

Thinking about it and reading the views of fellow fans and the people who really knew some of what Harry's life was about, the "curse" had so many innacuracies that i dont think it is worth me wondering about any of the content :roll:

Lets hope they make a better job of Frankie Howerd.

At the end of the day though, the whole BBC4 series seems to have centred on the negative rather than remembering these people for what they were to us... Comedy Icons and true geniuses :D :D
Sven Donkers

Postby bob » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:43 pm

It seems that the other shows that have been broadcast have a greater basis in fact than the Steptoe episode.

The Hancock episode was based on Joan LeMesurier's book

And Hughie Green was based on his son’s memoirs. I read an interview with him on line and he confirmed that many points covered were true.

I am looking forward to Frankie Howerd. I am a big fan and I think Davis Walliams is excellent casting.

Also well done Trevor Eve for Hughie.
bob
Site Admin

Return to The Curse of Steptoe