Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Stella Street

An opportunity to discuss other TV comedy shows of interest to Steptoe fans.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Stella Street

Postby Uncle Nobby » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:47 pm

If you haven't seen or heard of it, check it out its on Youtube(Isn't everything?)

Phil Cornwell and John Sessions play all the parts of British and US Actors living in an anonymous street in Surbiton.
Michael Caine, Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Roger Moore, John Hurt all have houses in the street and
Mick Jagger and Keith Richard's run Mick and Keith's Corner Shop.

In Season 2 Episode 7 - Part 2.
Mrs Hugget the Cleaner is at home playing solitaire and watching Steptoe and Son the television
(although both roles are acted out by Cornwell and Sessions).
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby

Re: Stella Street

Postby bob » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:39 am

I love Stella Street, Steptoe is good, but I just love the idea of Mick and Keef running the corner shop !
bob
Site Admin

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:11 am

Seen it when it was first transmitted way back but never got into it. Phil Cornwell is a brilliant mimic though. :)
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:42 pm

bob wrote:...I just love the idea of Mick and Keef running the corner shop !

Agreed!! It’s a hilarious scenario that practically writes itself :o. Besides the usual corner shop fare, Mick could sell slap and ladies retro-pajamas, while Keith tends to customers dental hygiene needs, “Hold still mister, this won’t hurt a bit”, a thick cloud of fag smoke hovering over his head that seems to follow him everywhere. Only question is, who would do their hair? Haven’t seen the show yet, but I’ll wager the shop is right next to a hairdressers :wink:. Maybe instead of selling them, they’d both hoard the hair care products: few things sillier than two 70 year old blokes bickering over hair lacquer :lol:.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby bob » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:26 pm

The way they play it, Mick prances between the aisles, getting stressed about selling out of Bisto, while Keef just sits in the corner behind the till, (apparently stoned - no pun intended) trying to get Mick to chill out - it is worth a series all by itself
bob
Site Admin

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:12 am

It’s a wonderful idea isn’t it? I’m imagining Mick & Keef’s as an animated series, like an adult version of The Simpsons. It would almost have to be a cartoon to allow for the, erm...zany antics, that pop stars are apt to indulge in. Blinding hangovers and pools of sick somehow always seem more colourful when they’re animated. Corner shop products alone would allow for endless gags. Local kids nicking sweets, spinsters purchasing prophylactics, the traditional miscellaneous character that shows up every week thumbing through magazines he’ll never buy while Keith moans, “Here, mate, this aint a library.” Disastrous band rehearsals in the back, the neighbours ringing Old Bill...and they haven’t even left the shop yet. Broad strokes maybe but that’s an episode right there :o.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Ivor Biggun » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Uncle Nobby wrote:Phil Cornwell and John Sessions play all the parts of British and US Actors living in an anonymous street in Surbiton.

I wonder if they live near Tom and Barbara Good. :mrgreen:
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun

Return to Assorted Junk