Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

nicholas lynhurst

An opportunity to discuss other TV comedy shows of interest to Steptoe fans.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: nicholas lynhurst

Postby Ivor Biggun » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:47 am

I just watched Goodnight, Sweetheart from beginning to end a few months ago and thought it was brilliant. I liked Victor McGuire from Bread, and thought he was even funnier in this one.
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Re: nicholas lynhurst

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Ivor Biggun wrote:I just watched Goodnight, Sweetheart from beginning to end a few months ago and thought it was brilliant. I liked Victor McGuire from Bread, and thought he was even funnier in this one.



I agree with you 100% that Goodnight Sweetheart was brilliant. One of the TV's hidden gems of the early, mid to late nineties in my humble opinion. Loved everything about it. :)
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
User avatar
Ilovesteptoe
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: nicholas lynhurst

Postby Ivor Biggun » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:10 am

Yeah, can you just imagine having your own personal doorway into the past? You can buy a bunch of old money on ebay, deposit it in the bank in the past then collect the interest back in the future.
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Re: nicholas lynhurst

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:46 am

Ivor Biggun wrote:Yeah, can you just imagine having your own personal doorway into the past? You can buy a bunch of old money on ebay, deposit it in the bank in the past then collect the interest back in the future.

Deposit it in the meter more like (see: The Desperate Hours). :wink:
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
User avatar
Dirty Old Yank
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: A laundrette on the South Col

Re: nicholas lynhurst

Postby Ivor Biggun » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:12 am

Dirty Old Yank wrote:
Ivor Biggun wrote:Yeah, can you just imagine having your own personal doorway into the past? You can buy a bunch of old money on ebay, deposit it in the bank in the past then collect the interest back in the future.

Deposit it in the meter more like (see: The Desperate Hours). :wink:


You need pfennigs for that.
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Re: nicholas lynhurst

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Ivor Biggun wrote:
Dirty Old Yank wrote:
Ivor Biggun wrote:Yeah, can you just imagine having your own personal doorway into the past? You can buy a bunch of old money on ebay, deposit it in the bank in the past then collect the interest back in the future.

Deposit it in the meter more like (see: The Desperate Hours). :wink:


You need pfennigs for that.


Or Euros cents. :P
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
User avatar
Ilovesteptoe
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: nicholas lynhurst

Postby Uncle Nobby » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:26 am

Ivor Biggun wrote:
Dirty Old Yank wrote:
Ivor Biggun wrote:Yeah, can you just imagine having your own personal doorway into the past? You can buy a bunch of old money on ebay, deposit it in the bank in the past then collect the interest back in the future.

Deposit it in the meter more like (see: The Desperate Hours). :wink:


You need pfennigs for that.


I've often wondered about that. There's that saying 'a Shilling for the Meter', well the Steptoe's must have been older as a Shilling was the same size as a Deutsch Mark not a Pfennig which were smaller.

When we went on school trips to West Germany in the mid 80's we would take our old 5p's to put in the Coke machines and get 20 Pfennigs in change.
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: nicholas lynhurst

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Uncle Nobby wrote:When we went on school trips to West Germany in the mid 80's we would take our old 5p's to put in the Coke machines and get 20 Pfennigs in change.

It’s easy to imagine what the chap with the soda pop said when he opened that Coke machine.
And I can't help but hear Michael Ripper saying it, "...Bleedin kids!!!" :o
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
User avatar
Dirty Old Yank
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: A laundrette on the South Col

Previous

Return to Assorted Junk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 

 

Testing