Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Eric & Ernie story New years night

An opportunity to discuss other TV comedy shows of interest to Steptoe fans.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Eric & Ernie story New years night

Postby Archie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:17 pm

Tomorrow night on BBC2 @ 9 O'clock there is a drama about Morecombe & Wise, I reckon most of us should find it interesting :o

Just hope it isn't another stitch up like the Steptoe, Hancock, Howerd etc ones :(
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby bob » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm really looking forward to it, I loved Eric and Ernie
bob
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:10 pm

I may have a look at this if i don't go to the local,
there is also drama about Hattie Jaques coming from the BBC sometime in january,starring Ruth Jones and entitled "Hattie",i think it'll be a must for comedy fans,i hope this one is more accurate than other certain dramas we've seen about our comedy heroes! :wink:
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby PhilGlass » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:56 pm

I must be the only person in the history of the world who thinks Morecambe and Wise were simply not funny. Just my personal opinion of course, but I have tried watching their shows many times, and find it very hard work.

As for the drama, I was watching the film of Elizabeth 1st on the other side - visiting family for new year it is not my tv so cant really choose - and if it's not on BBC 1 or ITV my parents' wont watch it. lol

The trouble is we know the BBC dramas can not be trusted, so even if they do accurate ones now most people will assume they are full of rubbish.

Though the Nigel Slater biog was a good bit of drama, I enjoyed that one very much.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Karl » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:26 pm

I have to say i'm no great Morcambe & wise fan either ,when it came round to it i never bothered,i had a Norman Wisdom film on,followed by a bit of Mike Yarwood..........i was gonna watch the M & W drama ,when it came to it i realised i'm not interested in 'em enough! :?
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby Archie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:02 pm

It was surprisingly good :o no dramatic falling out scenes etc. The making of the documentary afterward was also good.

The best night on the Beeb for years - Dads Army lighthouse episode then 3 M&W programmes :D
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby bob » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 pm

I think it is easy not to like Eric and Ernie, if you first come to thier work after they had died. I would be the first to admit that much of it is dated. However living through the 60's and 70's they were magic. It is hard to overstate just how much they were loved and each year their Christmas Show was THE BIG EVENT.

Long Live Eric and Ernie
bob
Site Admin

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm a fan of BERT and ERNIE if that counts? lol
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:46 pm

No..... Just go and play with your "rubber duckie"
bob
Site Admin

Return to Assorted Junk