Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Stand ups...

An opportunity to discuss other TV comedy shows of interest to Steptoe fans.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: Stand ups...

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Some more faves... Harpo & Chico Marx, George Burns & Gracie Allen, Jack Benny, Mel Blanc, Don Rickles, Pat Paulsen, Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, Soupy Sales, and any late-nite horror host, Cassandra Peterson (aka Elvira) especially :o.
Last edited by Dirty Old Yank on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Uncle Nobby » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:35 am

My favourites apart from the Three Stooges were Abbott and Costello.
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby

Postby Ivor Biggun » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:08 pm

I have to say that my list of great comedians would be far too long but I can say one comedian who I simply do NOT like, is Ben Elton. My ex who still lives in England, forced me to endure an entire DVD of his and I sat stonefaced through the entire thing even though it was making her laugh, hysterically at times. And it wasn't that I didn't understand British humor, either. I knew nearly all of the people, places, and events that he would describe in most of his jokes and I still didn't find him to be at all funny. I have a brother who thinks The Young Ones is one of the funniest shows he has ever seen but when I tried to show him some of Rik and Ade's later work, he didn't like any of it. Same thing, I guess.
I thought we'd nick a wreath off one of the graves as we went in.
Ivor Biggun

Previous

Return to Assorted Junk