Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

The Offer (pilot) (Digitally cleaned)

If you have any links to Steptoe Videos or audion that would be of interest to other fans please post them here. Please only post a link. The forum does not have the capacity to store actual video or audio clips.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: The Offer (pilot) (Digitally cleaned)

Postby snodge » Thu May 17, 2018 12:54 am

DOY Wrote

I’m not suggesting the supernatural doesn’t exist or occur, I know it does, having experienced it firsthand

You got me intrigued now Doy, I'm always interested in peoples paranormal experiences,

My particular area of interest is about the Poltergeist...No,not the film!
perhaps the wrong forum for such stuff unless we count the episode " Seance in a wet Rag and Bone Yard" :)
snodge

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 pm

snodge wrote:You got me intrigued now Doy, I'm always interested in peoples paranormal experiences,
My particular area of interest is about the Poltergeist...No,not the film!
perhaps the wrong forum for such stuff unless we count the episode " Seance in a wet Rag and Bone Yard" :)

“Séance…” is a favorite episode, timeless really :o.
And let’s not forget “The Wooden Overcoats”, must watch that one tonight 8).
Most forum posters over the years aren't puritanical so the paranormal is perfectly acceptable, as long as it isn’t political. But we haven’t forgotten that you’ve changed the subject: you didn’t shave in the mid-1970’s, tsk :mrgreen:.
Re: poltergeists....as I mentioned in another thread, if ghosts want to hang around that’s cool, people must have hobbies in the ‘afterlife’ so to fear ghosts and poltergeists is, well, an illogical superstition. The cliché assumption that ghosts exist solely because they’re angry doesn’t make sense to me at all.
Although it can occasionally make for some extraordinary movies.
Huge subject, lots to tell, but first we needa cuppa.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Fri May 18, 2018 10:16 am

snodge wrote:...I'm always interested in peoples paranormal experiences...

Following the same theme, I was very fortunate to tour the Winchester Mystery House in the early 1970’s when it was still pretty run down and occasionally dangerous, before the restoration took hold. As I lagged behind our tour group taking Kodak snaps, can never forget and will always regret not crossing the single “warning: do not enter” tape that ineffectually barred the way downstairs to the unlit, inky black basement. As a youth I didn’t lack the courage...only an electric torch, hey ho. Chances are you’ll enjoy this 1963 half hour documentary about Sarah Winchester and her vast home with it’s many ghost traps, as narrated by Lillian Gish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17AtKbQ7glU. That is what most of the gargantuan mansion looked like a decade later and though I didn’t experience anything 'supernatural' that day, haunted houses are always better that way, falling apart. What’ve been your experiences
with the paranormal Snodge? Any haunted houses? Every childhood should have one, and often did :o.
Dirty Old Yank

Postby snodge » Sat May 19, 2018 7:10 am

To put the " my shaving in the 1970's" issue to bed... I started shaving around 1976, I can't protest to had having profuse growth but would admit to light " bum fluff" as we used to call it :)

That's my defense for the accused " Your `Umbleness" ;) :) :)

I don't remember having any paranormal experiences growing up...More like extra sensory intuition..or precognition,
That sense of going in a pub and sensing way before others that a fight was about to kick off, i guess most people can say that they have had those experiences but mine seemed to be really heightened,
I would sense when i was in danger with adults or i could tell who was a thief or who had stolen something.. or was guilty of something... not an amazing ability but i did find it came in useful and protected me.

The more recent thing i would call paranormal occurred after my parents passed away, Pennies would arrive in my house, We just kept finding them everywhere in unusual places and with just me and my wife at home most of the time we couldn't blame our our daughters (for instance).
It got to the stage where we would ask for more and they kept appearing- not in the hundreds you understand but around 10-20 a week which is a bit weird,

I must add we don't carry any loose change and its definitely not my wife tricking me, One day our daughter came to visit and was eating dinner at the table when i saw a penny fall from the top of her head, The fear and alarm she showed convinced me she hadn't placed the penny there before hand for my benefit...She's terrified of anything to do with ghosts and the paranormal at the best of times and she just wouldn't have done this.

My parents passed in 2004 and 2008 respectively and pennies still turn up til this day- and more frequently when we are ill or stressed, They do say seeing is believing and when i tell people this account they don't know what to make of it, I don't know what to make of it but the common explanation is its " pennies from heaven" and those that have passed on are sending their love in this weird way.

For next time... the account of the apparitional cats paw!
snodge

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Sat May 19, 2018 9:23 am

We’re very sorry to read of your parents' passing Snodge, but congratulations on being a father, bless.
I’ve a girlfriend near London that recently became a grandmother, and while we mightn’t see it in the mirror,
one eventually becomes cognizant of ageism, that and male pattern baldness :roll:. You mentioned intuition and precognition...they’re best synonymous and with practice I’ve found them very reliable too, though mine usually
take the form of dreams, remarkably accurate ones that aren’t some kind of Freudian projection or preposition.
More to tell but it’s tea time, needa cuppa :).
Dirty Old Yank

Previous

Return to Video and Audio