Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Galton & Simpson Never Talk To Strangers (Digital Clean)

If you have any links to Steptoe Videos or audion that would be of interest to other fans please post them here. Please only post a link. The forum does not have the capacity to store actual video or audio clips.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Galton & Simpson Never Talk To Strangers (Digital Clean)

Postby snodge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Here is a Galton And Simpson Comedy featuring Harry H Corbett (1969)
It has been cleaned up and had the video-look re-instated, A lot of distorted frames were repaired
and nearly every other frame had a bad disolve which was improved or interpolated.

I tried to keep the overall cleanup as minimal as possible so it retains its fidelity,
And hopefully i didn't leave too many digital footprints along the way.

The download is interlaced Mpeg2 and is DVD compliant and doesn't need re-encoding if
you want to burn to disc, Windows media Player will handle the interlacing by default
and if you use VLC player you will need to enabled "De-interlacing" in the menu.

Download link (1.68GB)
https://mega.nz/#!b1gxzbiJ!MIh1KdTkELRy ... zvD_h4g6i4

I Put together a side-by-side example video showing how the right-hand video has the video-look compared to the left-hand original,this results in a much smoother motion and look although you can get artifacts on fast motion etc.

Download Link (1.17GB)
https://mega.nz/#!a951nZbY!RVjjtHKhJEwC ... APK67Xq-EM

snodge

Re: Galton & Simpson Never Talk To Strangers (Digital Clean)

Postby alexcole » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:33 pm

great results from this and i can imagine the amount of time you must have spent cleaning this up first.
top notch vidfire work also.......thanks for taking the time and also sharing....
alexcole

Return to Video and Audio