Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Re: Another recovery!

If you have any links to Steptoe Videos or audion that would be of interest to other fans please post them here. Please only post a link. The forum does not have the capacity to store actual video or audio clips.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Crunchie, a courteous note re: this topic you created…
Please remember that Bob, and all of us here, have always been staunch supporters of free speech.
But blind links to Facebook...probably a bad idea. A really bad idea in fact.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Crunchie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:58 am

Apologies, I probably should have copied and pasted all the text instead of simply posting a link. No harm intended.
Crunchie

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 am

Crunchie wrote:Apologies, I probably should have copied and pasted all the text instead of simply posting a link. No harm intended.

No need to apologize! Actually it's me that should apologize, my decision and comments were in haste.
If you could describe what that Facebook link was about, go ahead and post it again, it won't be blind.
But everyone should be aware that just last month over 50 million user accounts were compromised.
Back in March, yet another 87 million accounts. Not surprisingly, Facebook is being investigated in
US and EU for corporate malfeasance. People are gonna use facebook and similar sites anyway,
but they should know what could occur: their personal data nicked for nefarious purposes.
For anyone interested in learning more, "A Timeline of Facebook's Privacy Issues" (NBC, 24/3/18):
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/timeline-facebook-s-privacy-issues-its-responses-n859651.
Investigative journalism certainly isn't an NBC strong suit, but it's important to keeps things in perspective.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Crunchie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:46 pm

My link referred to a posting on Kaleidoscope's FB page about some rare TV programmes being recovered in Africa by Phillip Morris:-

Steptoe and Son - My Old Man's a Tory TX: 8/11/1965 (only a poor copy currently exists)
The Morecambe and Wise Show - Series 1 Episode 7 TX: 14/10/1968
The Basil Brush Show - Series 1 Episode 3 TX: 28/6/1968
The Rag Trade - Series 3 episode from 1963 (all S3 episodes previously lost)
Crunchie

Return to Video and Audio