Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

3.2.1 Dickens Themed Xmas Special featuring Wilfrid Brambell

If you have any links to Steptoe Videos or audion that would be of interest to other fans please post them here. Please only post a link. The forum does not have the capacity to store actual video or audio clips.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

3.2.1 Dickens Themed Xmas Special featuring Wilfrid Brambell

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:59 pm

3-2-1: Dickens (Christmas Special) First broadcast 25 Dec, 1979 ITV/YTV

Series 2, Episode 11

Dickensian-themed Christmas special of the popular game show presented by Ted Rogers. Contestants try to avoid elimination, and the Dusty Bin booby prize, by solving cryptic clues.

NOTE: This file is only an extract from the show, featuring the sketch with Wilfrid Brambell as Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Click the following link to download: http://we.tl/lyq673FYMw

The file is ONLY available until 4 January, 2014!!! So get it ASAP, before it's gone...
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
User avatar
The Pixel Surgeon
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: 3.2.1 Dickens Themed Xmas Special featuring Wilfrid Bram

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:08 pm

It's now on YouTube, too (with the option to watch in HD)!

3-2-1: Dickens (Christmas Special) Featuring Wilfrid Brambell as Ebeneezer Scrooge 25/12/1979:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Nt2P-6kXo
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
User avatar
The Pixel Surgeon
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: 3.2.1 Dickens Themed Xmas Special featuring Wilfrid Bram

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Amazing. Though Wilfrid performing seems a little more drunk than Wilfrid as himself "later on".. a bit of tv trickery no doubt.

CHALLENGE has started showing the original series. Hopefully this will surface. A fantastic video, 1979 was a mixed year for Wlfrid, personally I think this is one of his lesser performances, but it is still great to see.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
User avatar
PhilGlass
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: Down the football club pulling a stripper!

Re: 3.2.1 Dickens Themed Xmas Special featuring Wilfrid Bram

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:01 pm

PhilGlass wrote:Amazing. Though Wilfrid performing seems a little more drunk than Wilfrid as himself "later on".. a bit of tv trickery no doubt.

CHALLENGE has started showing the original series. Hopefully this will surface. A fantastic video, 1979 was a mixed year for Wlfrid, personally I think this is one of his lesser performances, but it is still great to see.


Indeed, not a brill performance... But for those of us that just have to collect everything he appeared in, it's great to finally have gotten hold of a good quality copy (despite it being DOGGED up).

Happy New Year... And BTW, that's bury our differences... ;-)
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
User avatar
The Pixel Surgeon
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: 3.2.1 Dickens Themed Xmas Special featuring Wilfrid Bram

Postby PhilGlass » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 pm

The Pixel Surgeon wrote:
PhilGlass wrote:Amazing. Though Wilfrid performing seems a little more drunk than Wilfrid as himself "later on".. a bit of tv trickery no doubt.

CHALLENGE has started showing the original series. Hopefully this will surface. A fantastic video, 1979 was a mixed year for Wlfrid, personally I think this is one of his lesser performances, but it is still great to see.


Indeed, not a brill performance... But for those of us that just have to collect everything he appeared in, it's great to finally have gotten hold of a good quality copy (despite it being DOGGED up).

Happy New Year... And BTW, that's bury our differences... ;-)


Amen to that. What a wonderful thing you do for us all. It really is important for some to collect everything, only then can you get a real over view of the man and after all half of this we wouldn't have without you... should I book a room ;) lol
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
User avatar
PhilGlass
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: Down the football club pulling a stripper!

Re: 3.2.1 Dickens Themed Xmas Special featuring Wilfrid Bram

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:55 pm

PhilGlass wrote:
The Pixel Surgeon wrote:
PhilGlass wrote:Amazing. Though Wilfrid performing seems a little more drunk than Wilfrid as himself "later on".. a bit of tv trickery no doubt.

CHALLENGE has started showing the original series. Hopefully this will surface. A fantastic video, 1979 was a mixed year for Wlfrid, personally I think this is one of his lesser performances, but it is still great to see.


Indeed, not a brill performance... But for those of us that just have to collect everything he appeared in, it's great to finally have gotten hold of a good quality copy (despite it being DOGGED up).

Happy New Year... And BTW, that's bury our differences... ;-)


Amen to that. What a wonderful thing you do for us all. It really is important for some to collect everything, only then can you get a real over view of the man and after all half of this we wouldn't have without you... should I book a room ;) lol


I have something for you... Let me have your email, so I can send you the link... ;-)

(Tried to send you this message as a PM, but that appeared not to work...)
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
User avatar
The Pixel Surgeon
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: 3.2.1 Dickens Themed Xmas Special featuring Wilfrid Bram

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:48 pm

The Pixel Surgeon wrote:
I have something for you...


Thanks, but the policeman said you shouldn't be showing me that... ha ha.. I'll inbox you as my addy has changed, no idea about the pms.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
User avatar
PhilGlass
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:41 pm
Location: Down the football club pulling a stripper!


Return to Video and Audio

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

 

 

Testing