Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Hancock's Half Hour (S03E10) How to Win Money... (RESTORED)

If you have any links to Steptoe Videos or audion that would be of interest to other fans please post them here. Please only post a link. The forum does not have the capacity to store actual video or audio clips.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Hancock's Half Hour (S03E10) How to Win Money... (RESTORED)

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:16 am

Hancock's Half Hour (S03E10) How to Win Money and Influence People (BBC) 2014 RESTORED - VidFIRE(D) (7800kbps CBR AC3)

Synopsis:
Hancock takes up entering newspaper competitions as a full time job. When he wins a few competitions, he is foolish enough to trust Sid to look after the money.

Main cast:
Tony Hancock, Sid James, John Vyvyan, Dick Emery, Campbell Singer, John Vere, Bruce Wightman, Basil Beale , Alec Bregonzi, Phillip Carr, Leslie Smith, Anthony Shirvell, Mario Fabrizi, Burt Kwouk, Nelson Grostate, Jimmy Rapael, Manville Tarrant and Hugh Lloyd.

Download Hancock's Half Hour (S03E10) How to Win Money and Influence People from here: http://we.tl/ZdgwUm2JnC

This will be automatically deleted on 9 August, 2015. So get it now, while you can.

This, as-per-usual, for my files/uploads, needs to be watched back on something that'll display interlaced video, or one of the main reasons for the restoration (the VidFIRE), will be lost.

See below, for more details on what you need to do...:

Tip:

If you're not going to watch this back on a proper CRT TV (remember those...), then use the following media player and settings:

VLC media player is an ideal candidate, if you plan to watch this back on an LCD or LED flat screen computer monitor.

Available here for Windows: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Or here for Mac OS X: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Once installed, and the video is playing back, hit Pause, then go up to the Menu > Video and change the following two default settings:

1. Video > Deinterlace > On
2. Video > Deinterlace mode > Linear or Yadif (2x)

Once those are set, then hit Play...

Enjoy... :wink:
Last edited by The Pixel Surgeon on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Re: Hancock's Half Hour (S03E10) How to Win Money... RESTORE

Postby Eddie79 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Thanks a lot - downloading it now :) .

One or two other would be very gratefully received too pretty please - if you can find the time of course.

An absolutely first rate job and, as you say, we would wait a long time for the BBC to do it themselves.

Maybe you've moved on to other things, but the Honor Blackman episodes of The Avengers would be a good project if you're looking for one. They were restored for the Optimum DVDs of a few years ago, but not vidfired. There would be a lot of interest there I bet.

All the best & thanks again.
Eddie79

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Eddie79 wrote:Thanks a lot - downloading it now :) .

One or two other would be very gratefully received too pretty please - if you can find the time of course.

An absolutely first rate job and, as you say, we would wait a long time for the BBC to do it themselves.

Maybe you've moved on to other things, but the Honor Blackman episodes of The Avengers would be a good project if you're looking for one. They were restored for the Optimum DVDs of a few years ago, but not vidfired. There would be a lot of interest there I bet.

All the best & thanks again.

Hi Eddie,
If you want to upload one of those Avengers episodes to WebTransfer for me, then I'll happily take a look and see what I can do... (A direct rip of the MPEG file, taken directly from the retail DVD, would be great/perfect)

I don't have the series on DVD, so don't have anything to play with..., currently, so the above, would be a great help...

See what else I can do, as far as other already restored HHH episodes are concerned - it's just that I'm pretty busy at the moment... I no longer have any of those files I uploaded to Demonoid, so can't reseed them, directly, although I obviously still have the episodes in other forms, that I haven't shared, yet...

Best,
Last edited by The Pixel Surgeon on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Pixel Surgeon

Postby Eddie79 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 pm

The Pixel Surgeon wrote:Hi Eddie,
If you want to upload one of those Avengers episodes to WebTransfer for me, then I'll happily take a look and see what I can do... (A direct rip of the MPEG file, taken directly from the retail DVD, would be great/perfect)

I don't have the series on DVD, so don't have anything to play with..., currently, so the above, would be a great help...

See what else I can do, as far as other already restored HHH episodes are concerned - it's just that I'm pretty busy at the moment... I no longer have any of those files I uploaded to Demonoid, so can't reseed them, directly, although I obviously still have the episodes in other forms, that I haven't shared, yet...

Best,

Hello - that's great, thanks very much. I'll get on this. Would The Avengers episode be okay as an MKV, or something else?

Cheers.
Eddie79

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi Eddie,
As mentioned above, a direct rip of the VOB/MPEG file, taken directly from the retail DVD, would be great/perfect, as anything else wouldn't be unadulterated and will need to be converted by me, leading to something of poorer quality to work with - not ideal.

However, if MKV is your/my only option, then depending on quality, I may be able to do something with that...

Best,
The Pixel Surgeon

Return to Video and Audio