Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Hancock's Half Hour (S03E05) Air Steward Hancock (RESTORED)

If you have any links to Steptoe Videos or audion that would be of interest to other fans please post them here. Please only post a link. The forum does not have the capacity to store actual video or audio clips.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Hancock's Half Hour (S03E05) Air Steward Hancock (RESTORED)

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:24 am

Hancock's Half Hour (S03E05) Air Steward Hancock - The Last of Many (BBC) 2014 RESTORED - VidFIRE(D) (7800kbps CBR AC3)

This is another of my favourite Hancock's Half Hour episodes.

Synopsis:
Hancock takes on a new job as an air steward. But when one of the passengers on his first flight is Sid who is on the run from the police and the other passengers include four police offices looking for a bank robber, Hancock's first landing doesn't go quite as expected!

Main cast:
Tony Hancock, Sid James, Leslie Smith, Richard Statman, Philip Carr, Stuart Hillier, Anne Marryott, John Vere, Peter Allenby, John Vyvyan, Basil Beale , Bill Fraser James Bulloch, Manville Tarrant, Dave Freeman and Alec Bregonzi.

Download Hancock's Half Hour (S03E05) Air Steward Hancock - The Last of Many from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wz0u51jth7pyu54

Please note: WinRAR will be needed, as the HHH episode is in an archived file - in which, there's a VIDEO_TS folder, that you can burn off to a DVD (or just playback using VLC media player - see below for more details on that, and where to get it, if you don't already have it). In the meantime, should you need it, you can download WinRAR from here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

This, as-per-usual, for my files/uploads, needs to be watched back on something that'll display interlaced video, or one of the main reasons for the restoration (the VidFIRE), will be lost.

See below, for more details on what you need to do...:

Tip:

If you're not going to watch this back on a proper CRT TV (remember those...), then use the following media player and settings:

VLC media player is an ideal candidate, if you plan to watch this back on an LCD or LED flat screen computer monitor.

Available here for Windows: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Or here for Mac OS X: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Once installed, and the video is playing back, hit Pause, then go up to the Menu > Video and change the following two default settings:

1. Video > Deinterlace > On
2. Video > Deinterlace mode > Linear or Yadif (2x)

Once those are set, then hit Play...

Enjoy... :wink:
Last edited by The Pixel Surgeon on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Re: Hancock's Half Hour (S03E05) Air Steward Hancock (RESTOR

Postby Eddie79 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:47 am

Thanks! These are brilliant DVD extra features :) !

I've sent you a PM about The Avengers.
Eddie79

Postby JimmieS » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this, as it is one of my favourite HHHs ever! Your restoration is absolutely first rate (so much better than any of the BBC DVDs). 8)
JimmieS

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:34 pm

JimmieS wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you for this, as it is one of my favourite HHHs ever! Your restoration is absolutely first rate (so much better than any of the BBC DVDs). 8)

Hi Jimmie!
Glad to see you've made a visit over here...

Also glad, you've found something that I obviously haven't passed on to you, yet - just an oversight on my part, you understand... :wink:

Not 100% perfect, but about as good as I can manage for now...

Enjoy...
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Return to Video and Audio