Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Steptoe book £182

Discuss anything you like.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Steptoe book £182

Postby Archie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:25 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steptoe-and-S ... 6016.l4276

They ave to be avin a laugh :shock: I bought a copy from Amazon for £12 when it came out, the cover price is £16.99p. There was a copy in a local secondhand book shop a few years back for £2, I was going to buy it but decided no I'll let someone else enjoy the book.

It really winds me up the price of Steptoe memorabilia, for years I've been trying to get hold of a poster but always get outbid :x I'm sure the buyers aren't even fans just greedy dealers.
I used to often go to a large Sunday car boot sale in Glasgow - until it was discovered by greedy dealers who get in early and snap up all the bargains :twisted:
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Re: Steptoe book £182

Postby PhilGlass » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:15 am

Good post.

People think everything is worth everything these days when in reality most stuff is worth about as much as my backside. People say "I saw one listed on ebay for...".. well, I could list my backside for a million quid it's not worth it! It's what things SELL for on a regular basis.

I hate car boot sales, I used to love them but yes the greedy dealers ruined it.

Things are worth what people will pay, unfortunately (and I have been guilty of it) some people will pay vast sums for something they really want.

Some sellers take the Glasgow kiss though don't they!!

Copies of that book seem to change hands around about a tenner so hang fire I'm sure you will get one :)
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Elbolsa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:49 am

I have just got one off of ebay(came on Friday) for £2.99.First edition ,in good nick with dust jacket.A bargain!!
Elbolsa

Postby Archie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:25 pm

I bought one on Amazon for would you believe 1new pence - plus £2.50 p&p :o

The reason I bought it was to prove a point. I already have a copy so I handed it into the cancer charity shop earlier on along with some meerkat toys that I got from insurance companies.

Recently I got a brand new Steptoe first movie poster for £25, greedy dealers pay £40 for tatty second hand ones :wink:
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Return to Chit Chat