Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Windows 10

Discuss anything you like.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Windows 10

Postby Archie » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Have any of you bods downloaded the Free Windows 10 upgrade ?.
I downloaded it last night on my old Windows 7 machine, it took about 3 hours but there were no problems. I'm not really into the aps on Win 8.1 but 10 has a basic but good photo manipulating software ap.

All in all I'm impressed 8)

If you are on the waiting list you can download a copy straight away from the free software site CNET :wink:
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Re: Windows 10

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:13 am

Yeah, I did and it screwed up my brother's windows 7 Laptop. On the day it was put out for download, I click install, waited and waited, waited some more, and the next day 10hrs hours later to be precise, nothing happened then it became unresponsive forcing me to reinstall the entire system. Not good. :roll:
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby Archie » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:02 pm

I downloaded it to my Win 8.1 computer, it took about 6 hours but seems to work okay
It doesn't like Firefox it keeps cutting out and gives an unexpected crash message, obviously Microsoft want you to use their own browser which is quite good and you can use Google as your search engine.

A worrying problem which sometimes occurs is the Windows firewall and my Kaspersky internet defender are switched off from time to time. I'll have to run a full scan !.
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Archie wrote:I downloaded it to my Win 8.1 computer, it took about 6 hours but seems to work okay
It doesn't like Firefox it keeps cutting out and gives an unexpected crash message, obviously Microsoft want you to use their own browser which is quite good and you can use Google as your search engine.

A worrying problem which sometimes occurs is the Windows firewall and my Kaspersky internet defender are switched off from time to time. I'll have to run a full scan !.

I heard some horror stories prior to the release but thought nothing of it. Wish I'd listened. If I'd downloaded it from some spurious search of the net promising Windows 10 at least then I could have blame it on my naivety/stupidity , but this was direct from Microsoft who a few months before publishing sent out a notification highlighting first come first served basis to secure a download. Glad it worked for you anyway Archie. Think I'll wait until I get another PC and my brother gets an upgraded Laptop to get Windows 10, although by then Windows 10 will most likely be defunct. :wink:
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to Chit Chat