Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

What do you drive ?

Discuss anything you like.

Moderators: Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Re: What do you drive ?

Postby Archie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:51 pm

I plan to keep it for a couple of years, my friend owns a garage and we had it on the ramp yesterday and it is sound - apart from a couple of suspension parts which cost about 40 quid :o

I'll be flogging my other Jeep the blue off roader in a few weeks once I change round my personal plate - yes I know some folk find personal plates sad :| but the days when only toffs fitted them are long gone.
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 pm

There's nothing wrong with personal plates (except for not wanting people to know how old your car is) but I have a problem with private plates that you cant make out what theyre saying, isnt the whole point to make a name or something? Seems kind of pointless when they cant be interpreted.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby harryfaversham » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Is the blue jeep automatic?
"I've never had an x-ray"

"Yes you have! Two years ago when the 'orse kicked you in the cobblers!"
harryfaversham

Postby Archie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:57 pm

PhilGlass wrote:There's nothing wrong with personal plates (except for not wanting people to know how old your car is) but I have a problem with private plates that you cant make out what theyre saying, isnt the whole point to make a name or something? Seems kind of pointless when they cant be interpreted.

My plate is J2 ARC for Archie of course. Private plates are a great investment they never drop in price :o the only disadvantage is the £80 transfer fee you have to pay to those wonderful people at the DVLA whenever you move it to another car :x
Archie

Postby Archie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:02 pm

harryfaversham wrote:Is the blue jeep automatic?

It's the rare 2.5 petrol with a manual box, it's not permanent 4WD but has a lever to select it. Insurance for me is £140 a year fully comp :o
The Jeep is mainly for off roading with the 3" lift etc, I bought it because I was selling my Jag and needed a cheap car to get me around until I found a decent Grand V8.
Archie

Postby harryfaversham » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Cool. Please remember me when u sell the Grand V8 lol
"I've never had an x-ray"

"Yes you have! Two years ago when the 'orse kicked you in the cobblers!"
harryfaversham

Postby Archie » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Picked up another Jag a XJV8 Sport great nick black with white leather interior and drives like new. I might make it to Brighton this weekend with that tasty bird :wink:

Archie

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:30 am

Those concrete tiles have shifted a bit, how did you level the ground beneath them? You'd think they'd be all topsy turvy in the wet. Nice sunny day though, folks in the south are getting sunburn.
That's quite a cart Archie, congratulations & drive carefully, there's no accounting for nutters on the road (or cheeky puppies on white leather, bless). Tasty bird? I envy you. The only tasty bird in this lame excuse for a town comes from Colonel Saunders and arrives in a bucket :roll:
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm

Dirty Old Yank wrote: The only tasty bird in this lame excuse for a town comes from Colonel Saunders and arrives in a bucket :roll:

I know her!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Archie » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Dirty Old Yank wrote:Those concrete tiles have shifted a bit, how did you level the ground beneath them? You'd think they'd be all topsy turvy in the wet. Nice sunny day though, folks in the south are getting sunburn.
That's quite a cart Archie, congratulations & drive carefully, there's no accounting for nutters on the road (or cheeky puppies on white leather, bless). Tasty bird? I envy you. The only tasty bird in this lame excuse for a town comes from Colonel Saunders and arrives in a bucket :roll:

They moved when I parked a fully loaded cart on them, the Westie will soon have the white seats a different shade :x
Archie

Postby nunky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Got rid of the Sedona. Decided it was crap. Now got a Honda CRV. The one that looks a bit Land roverish. Not sure if thats a word but it sounds okay. Much better to drive and seems okay off road.
nunky

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:35 pm

I have two vehicles. One being a pair of feet, owned from new, a good runner and exempt from tax due to them being classic 70s model, my next mode of transport is a Ford "Can't Ford a car so I catch the bus." :P
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby Archie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Ilovesteptoe wrote:I have two vehicles. One being a pair of feet, owned from new, a good runner and exempt from tax due to them being classic 70s model, my next mode of transport is a Ford "Can't Ford a car so I catch the bus." :P

I go to Rome every summer - I roam the back garden :roll:
Archie

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Archie wrote:
Ilovesteptoe wrote:I have two vehicles. One being a pair of feet, owned from new, a good runner and exempt from tax due to them being classic 70s model, my next mode of transport is a Ford "Can't Ford a car so I catch the bus." :P

I go to Rome every summer - I roam the back garden :roll:

As the old saying goes "When in Rome do as the Romans do. I also go to lesbos in Greece for obvious reasons. :D
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby Archie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:22 pm

I recently bought a Range Rover P38 its the V8 4 litre petrol auto model - but it has an LPG kit which costs about half the price of petrol.
It has all the extras 20" wheels black leather int, air con etc, Sadly the Jag will have to go :(
However my brother is buying the Jag as soon as I get the personal plate transfered.
Archie

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat