Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Society SOS

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Society SOS

Postby bob » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:16 am

As you may have gathered other non-Steptoe matters have prevented me from getting much done in for the society lately.
I have been invited to attend a meeting in London WC1 this coming Sunday. The meeting is about taking a different route to find lost / missing TV recordings.

“The objective of this campaign is to raise the profile of missing television programmes with the wider general public, through a variety of methods, so that as many people as possible in the country will be aware that there is an ongoing search for missing television programmes to be returned to the archives of BBC television and other broadcasters”. – and the Steptoe Appreciation Society.

There will be people from the British Film Institute attending as well as representatives of the Doctor Who Appreciation Society and Doctor Who Online. There should also hopefully be representatives from the Restoration Team (the people who have restored classic Doctor Who for DVD releases, and possibly a representative from the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society.
Although they won't be present at the meeting on July 21st, Kaleidoscope - the organisation for missing television programmes, also broadly support the initiative.

Sorry for the late notice but is anybody able to go to represent me and the society ?
bob
Site Admin

Re: Society SOS

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:26 am

Unfortunately, work commitments prevent me from going. I encourage anyone in the society who is interested to attend, your society needs you! (Now imagine the picture of a man pointing!).
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Return to Share your news