Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

STEPTOE AND SON DVDS

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

STEPTOE AND SON DVDS

Postby Guest » Wed May 10, 2006 8:50 pm

ANYBODY KNOW WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO RELEASE THE REST OF THE DVDS

Postby Graham_S nli » Wed May 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Series 4 is due out very soon.... not sure the timetable for series 5 to 8...

I recently got off e-bay all the radio episodes in mp3 format....

The added extra I found on the disk I bought was they had the infamous "down under" cabaret performance.... Did G & S script this similar to Johnny Speight with his "The thoughts of Chairman Alf" or was it a cobbled together performance by Harry and Willy instead?

It was about half an hour long but seemed to be missing some of the act as it cut out while they seemed to be doing the finale by singing together!!!!!

Graham
Graham_S nli

Postby bob » Thu May 11, 2006 8:02 am

I have often considered buying one of these collections from Ebay. I was concerned that when I looked at some of the track listings episodes were included that were not made for radio such as "Divided we Stand". I was concerned that these were just audio recordings of the TV shows.

The Australian recording sounds great. Any idea what seller I should look out for on Ebay
bob
Site Admin

Postby Graham_S nli » Sat May 13, 2006 7:40 am

Apparently Series 4 is available from the 15th May ( available to buy from Play.com already ) and Series 5 will be available 24/07/2006.

Got the information off the official site...

Graham
Graham_S nli

Postby Archie » Sat May 13, 2006 6:50 pm

Yes series 4 is released on May 15th, I'll be sending £11.99 to sendit.com for this double disc collection.

I'm especially looking forward to it as series 4 contains the only episode of the show I've never seen (as far as I can remember, I may have saw it when I was little) namely 'A Box in Town' - my holy grail :D :D :D
Archie

Return to Share your news