Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Harry's Last TV role to be screened soon

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Harry's Last TV role to be screened soon

Postby bob » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:48 pm

For those of you who are interested and have access to digital TV.

On Friday 16th February at 9.35pm on ITV3 you can see “The Moles” an episode of “Tales of the Unexpected”.

This was Harry H. Corbett’s last ever television appearance.
bob
Site Admin

Postby Archie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Cheers Bob I look forward to watching it :)
Archie

Postby Archie » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:48 pm

Watched it last night great stuff :) and what a line up of British talent sadly like Harry Fulton Mackay and Bill Owen are no longer with us :( .

I think Bill Owen was part of a theatre company (Joan Littlewood ?) to which Harry also belonged.

UKTV Gold often show the 80's detective series 'Shoestring' HHC starred in an episode where he played a security guard, and Men & motors recently showed the excellent motorbike racing drama 'Silver Dream Racer' Harry played the part of the garage part's man.
Archie

Postby bob » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:18 pm

Arhcie

I missed it !!!!!

I just forgot all about it. The most anoying thing was that I was watching TV at the time and having a rant about nothing good to watch.

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby Archie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:26 pm

Bob I have recorded the episode on both DVD and video - I have lost too many programmes on the cheap recordable DVD's that I insist on buying - 100 FOR 20 Quid :roll:
So when an important prog comes on I take the precaution of recording it on both format's :idea:

PM me and I will send you a copy.

I spent the day looking through my video collection searching for the documentary which was broadcast a few year's back about Steptoe & Son Fanatic's. I know I have it somewhere most of my video's have no label's on them !, when I find it I'll transfer it to DVD and fire off a copy to yourself and Graham .
Archie

Postby Graham_S nli » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:49 pm

Archie,

I missed it as well and would love a copy as well....

I heve been snowed under with work recently but haven't forgotten the interview I have promised you and Bob regarding the "lost episodes" I transferred to mpeg....

I will try to burn them to DVD disc tomorrow and get them posted off to you...

I will e-mail when I finally succeed!!!!
Graham
Graham_S nli

Postby bob » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:40 am

Dear Archie and Graham

I did enjoy reading your last 2 postings. It’s nice to know that people share my problems. Like Graham I have been very busy, but I don’t know how to make a video DVD o my PC, even if I had the time.

So nice to know that Archie’s video collection is just like mine. All black boxes and no labels.

I would like a copy of this show, thanks for the offer, I will send you the PM as requested.

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby Archie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:49 pm

I'll burn the Tales Of The Unexpected episode and Shoestring (If I can find the tape :roll: ) onto DVD this week sometime !.
Archie

Postby bob » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:27 am

Archie

I received your DVD and watched “The Moles” last night. I really enjoyed it.

Not only did it include Harry H. Corbett, but two other quality performers Fulton Mackay and Bill Owen. Thinks got even be by the surprise appearance on the unique Joe Gladwin, who played Wally Batty in “Last of the Summer Wine”

Watching it, I again felt sorry for H. It shows he was capable of a lot more that just the Steptoe role. At the start of the episode he is playing it very straight and understated. It may have been that he was just beginning to break away from being typecast.

Other events took over and sadly this was Harry’s last ever TV appearance.

Many thanks for taking the time to share this with me.

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby Archie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Bob
Glad you got the DVD ok :)

I've not been on the forum for a few day's.
I was pleased to see a lot of new message's - and most of them genuine :!:
Archie

Return to Share your news