Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Dick Emery For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls...

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Dick Emery For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls...

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:13 pm

I've heard, on the grape vine (not whilst under the influence of alcohol), that Madman.com.au: http://www.madman.com.au will be releasing the BBC series of Dick Emery next year.

The Dick Emery Christmas Show: For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls is part of the series, and as it features Harry H Corbett, will interest most of us here, I'd imagine.

Most may have seen this already, but what we had the pleasure of, wasn't of particularly great quality - although I was glad to have had that pleasure, despite that.

The Dick Emery Christmas Show: For Whom the Jingle Bells Toll (1980): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814079/
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Re: Dick Emery For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls...

Postby bob » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:06 pm

I've never seen it - i think, but it also includes Roy Kinner and the legend that is June Whitfield. Will we be able to get it in the UK ?
bob
Site Admin

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi Bob,
Phil acquired a copy of this, several years ago - if my memory serves me right. He shared it fairly widely, so I'd be surprised if you've not seen it...

You'll only be able to buy the Dick Emery set from Madman in Australia - it won't be made available directly in the UK. However, they will ship to the UK, so there shouldn't be any problem...

I bought the Potter series off them last year, which also featured Harry in several of the episodes, and it arrived in around a week...

Potter: http://www.madman.com.au/series/home/17 ... -1-2-and-3

BTW, I'm currently in the process of restoring series 2 of Steptoe and Son (having now completed all of series 1). The Stepmother (S02E03) is already done and available for download via DEMONOID. Sixty-Five Today (S02E04) is being done as I type, and I hope to get that up, within the next day or two...
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Postby PhilGlass » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Yeah this is in the society archive Bob, though the quality is what is officially known as 'crap'.

Bill Treacher aka Arthur Fowler from Eastenders is in it too, and the video has bits missing, I am sure I can hunt it out for you Bob.

This was one of H's last peices so it has a significance to us all, and teams him up with his friend June Whitfield yet again. Personally I wasn't impressed but it's just not my cup of tea, but great to see H. as always.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby THE VICAR » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:44 am

"ive still got the video of this im in shock you cant buy potter in England why? once again the bbc not giving us what we want I hate the bbc will have to get these thanks phill
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Great news about the pending Dick Emery series release on DVD. Loved his show in the late seventies early eighties. :)
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to Share your news