Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

1965 radio times

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

1965 radio times

Postby THE VICAR » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:05 pm

"you know youre looking for a 1965 radio times with the Steptoe script well theres one for sale on e bay for £35 it has the steptoe script as they have put up a pic merry Christ mas :D
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Re: 1965 radio times

Postby bob » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:16 am

All donations of £35 Gratefully received :lol:

Merry Christmas
bob
Site Admin

Postby Eddie79 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:16 am

Isn't this sketch reprinted in its entirety in this book?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Sitcom- ... nd+simpson
Eddie79

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:00 pm

This script printed in 65 was a transcript of the 1963 sketch for "Christmas night with the stars", which is not believed to be in existence in any form. It did appear in The Totting Times and contained jokes they reused later. Ron had it on his scans on his steptoe site, which seems to not be working. Anyone with original TT copies, check them!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Eddie79 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm

PhilGlass wrote:This script printed in 65 was a transcript of the 1963 sketch for "Christmas night with the stars", which is not believed to be in existence in any form. It did appear in The Totting Times and contained jokes they reused later. Ron had it on his scans on his steptoe site, which seems to not be working. Anyone with original TT copies, check them!!

Unless I'm missing something, this script is reprinted in its entirety in the book I linked to in Post 3 of this thread.

I read it a couple of weeks ago - Albert talks about the Christmas 1914 WW1 ceasefire; Harold speak on the phone to some bird he is planning to meet up with later (and this doesn't work out as planned).

But like I said, maybe I'm missing something - is there a second, missing Christmas Night with the Stars script?
Eddie79

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:22 am

Eddie79 wrote:Isn't this sketch reprinted in its entirety in this book?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Sitcom- ... nd+simpson

Ooh - I've never seen this before. I will be purchasing that very soon - thanks Eddie! :)
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:04 pm

I havent read that book, sorry. I meant the filmed footage is missing, sorry.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Jamie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:41 am

Eddie79 wrote:
PhilGlass wrote:This script printed in 65 was a transcript of the 1963 sketch for "Christmas night with the stars", which is not believed to be in existence in any form. It did appear in The Totting Times and contained jokes they reused later. Ron had it on his scans on his steptoe site, which seems to not be working. Anyone with original TT copies, check them!!

Unless I'm missing something, this script is reprinted in its entirety in the book I linked to in Post 3 of this thread.

I read it a couple of weeks ago - Albert talks about the Christmas 1914 WW1 ceasefire; Harold speak on the phone to some bird he is planning to meet up with later (and this doesn't work out as planned).

But like I said, maybe I'm missing something - is there a second, missing Christmas Night with the Stars script?

Eddie, Phil mistakenly typed 1963 instead of 1962 because of the two Christmas Night With The Stars sketches (one from 1962 and the other from 1965) , the former is the only one for which the script was published. Although the script is published in the excellent Galton & Simpson book, it would be nice to see scans of the initial appearance in the 1965 Radio Times, not least because of the pictures which accompany it.
Jamie

Postby Eddie79 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Thanks Steptoephiles - if the information is of use to anyone, I'm glad :).

As for the Radio Times itself - is anyone in the vicinity of Central London? The British Library has a full run of the magazine on their shelves and it would be an easy enough job to scan those pages.
Eddie79

Return to Share your news