Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

steptoe & son episodes

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

steptoe & son episodes

Postby pat10 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:54 pm

hi there this might be a stupid question but is all the steptoe & son episodes that were originally on tv have they all been found ? i know they lost some of the 1970 episodes and later got the black & white copys from the writers but is there any that have not been found ? or have we got all the ones that were made ?
pat10

Postby bob » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi Pat

Your question had me reaching for my DVD’s and official broadcast listing.

All of the Steptoe episodes are now available. I guess this is why the BBC is releasing the episodes in series order.

As you have suggested not all of the episodes are original recordings and some colour episodes have been lost. Ray and Alan taped many of them in black and white.
bob
Site Admin

Postby pat10 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:50 pm

thanks for the reply bob i thought we had them all i was just wishing that their might be some lost gems out there waiting to be found by the bbc.
pat10

Postby bob » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:16 am

Although all Steptoe episodes are now safe. I can't help wonder just how much stuff has been wipped by the BBC, and how much they would pay to get it back !!

I am a bit of a radio fan, I am in the process of returning a series to the BBC, broadcast in 1984, that they managed to lose. There is more stuff out there in private collections that exists in the BBC archive.
bob
Site Admin

Postby pat10 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:42 am

WOW bob you have got me all excited. i downloaded some of the radio broadcasts and they are awsome. if there is things out there from private collectors i wish the would do a deal with the bbc so we can buy it.
pat10

Return to Share your news