Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Wilfrid Brambell in 'Death and Transfiguration'.. DVD

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Wilfrid Brambell in 'Death and Transfiguration'.. DVD

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Searching HMV I've noticed on the 28th July they're releasing 'The Terence Davies Trilogy' - most film fanatics are aware of this - the final part, 'Death and Transfiguration' stars Wilf in a straight role. This hasn't been on release for years, just thought I'd let you know in case anyone is interested... I'm buying it as afan of Wilf AND a fan of Terence Davis' work (who I once had the honour of meeting!).

Hmv link is http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=809278
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Rian » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:55 pm

wow thanks for posting that Phil
Rian

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:34 pm

I've jsut been and ordered my copy.. Davies' work is not everyone's cup of tea, but this was his SECOND LAST ever film, made in 1984, although it is in black and white (it was made in blacka nd white for effect).

Ironically, he plays a homosexual alcoholc finally coming to terms with who he is... perfect casting i'm sure. Wilf is such an under-rated serious actor. I wish these things would get more press or tv coverage as most people who aren't dedicated fans know nothing of Wilf and Harry outside of Steptoe and Son, but we know they both did so much more"!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Return to Share your news