Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

new statement from the corbert family

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

new statement from the corbert family

Postby THE VICAR » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:40 pm

a new statement has been issued from the corbert family on the 1st of july 2009 regarding. the curse of steptoe bbctrusts final ruling publication wich you can read on the other steptoe website it seems harry h corberts biography is in preparation i for one cant wait nick.
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby THE VICAR » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:03 pm

"nobody intrested in this post or are you all fans of the curse of steptoe? i thought everyone would be pleased that a book about harry was comeing out. i dont know why i brother on the other forum some one dose at least thank you . nick
THE VICAR

Postby PhilGlass » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi Nick,

How are you? Long time no chat! I think the decision that was made is as good as it's going to get. A biography of Harry will be great, but like with all biographies you never get a true balance until you have at least 2 or 3 to go on.

Many people believe anything they read and any biography is going to take one of two directions - either show th bad side of the person, or show the glossy side. I am sure the family or whoever write it will do a wonderful job, but I don't think you ever know about a person until you have all of the sides of the stories!

However, I will be first to buy this...

The problem is, it will set the record straight about a lot, but the only people who will buy it will be fans anyway (or why else buy it?) so they will already know he had a good career after Steptoe etc...
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby THE VICAR » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 pm

hello phil i think the book will turn out good and somthing is being done for ray and alans 60th after all id like more steptoe and son that long awaited cd box set of the steptoe radio shows like the hancock and dads army shows. a book fans might like to buy is will hay by graham randidi from tomahawk books it has an intreview with ray and allen i reviewd the book in both the dads army magazine and laurel and hardy magazine take a look phil. how do you feal that they even cut the radio shows aswell hence my post on the other steptoe sight all the best phil and every one else nick. :D
THE VICAR

Postby PhilGlass » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:02 am

Hi Nick...

About the cuts - it annoys me too but unfortunately thats the world we life in and we just have to put up with it.

I don't agree with the political correctness but what if there was something you found offensive? Personally I would turn it off, problem solved!!

Be happy at least they're broadcasting Steptoe, they could just not bother with it at all.. something is better than nothing!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Arthur Philpott » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Great to hear a PROPER Book about The Late Great Harry H.Corbett is due out !

I noticed that on UK GOLD the episode: "Sunday for Seven Days" had the "Nudes of 1964" Cinema Advert Girl's Boobs duly "Blurred out" by BBC Censors....

....yet they were QUITE HAPPY for Martin Clunes to "Bare his Bum" (not even wearing his socks !) in that colourless remake of "Reggie Perrin"...

Nice Double Standards BBC / GOLD....! :roll: :roll: :roll:
What Exactly is...a polopony ?
Arthur Philpott

Postby Archie » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Arthur :) the book sounds interesting :o
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby steve sheffield » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I certainly will be buying the book. Hope there are some rare photographs in it of Harry and wilfred!
3 Handkerchiefs and a pair of Y fronts. Enoch's dreaming of a white christmas.
steve sheffield

Return to Share your news