Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

New Website now active...

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

New Website now active...

Postby PhilGlass » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm sure Bob won't mind me letting you know that my new website www.harryandwilf.co.uk is now active.

Dedicated to the lives and careers of Wilfrid Brambell and Harry H. Corbett O.B.E.

Featuring the most indepth filmographies on the internet, Complete listing of all their Songs, a look at their theatre work and biographies.

I hope there will be something there you will like.

Phil
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

new website now active...

Postby harold » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:24 pm

great job philip i will be posting the link on me website
A TOTTER 4 EVER
harold

Postby Archie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:50 pm

The site looks good Phil very well researched 8)
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby bob » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Sorry for the belated congratulations, but a fantastic site Phil
bob
Site Admin

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks everyone.

Of course without the kindness and helpfulness of our webmaster Bob then the site would not exist. Thanks mate.

Plenty of updates and hopefully a message board soon, so I can stop clogging up Bobs forum with it!!

So keep checking!!
PhilGlass

Postby PhilGlass » Tue May 25, 2010 3:41 pm

I have now added a message board. Don't worry, it's not a forum, so we'll have to refrain from the sophisticated, intellectual conversations we have here (up yer pipe!!) but if you're passing through my site, feel free to say hello on there!

www.harryandwilf.co.uk
PhilGlass

Postby callous_little_bleeder » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Good stuff, Phil. Best of both worlds. Thanks very muchly, I will check it out very soon. :)

But a Millwall boy runs this one. :wink:
callous_little_bleeder

Postby NSteptoe » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm

That looks like a great website with lots of information. Great work! :)
NSteptoe

Postby callous_little_bleeder » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:00 pm

NSteptoe wrote:That looks like a great website with lots of information. Great work! :)

Awww, this is my baby girl folks. The Nooly to the Wooly. A newb to Steptoe but she loves Albert big time.

The way she goes on about Wilf, seriously. Shame he weren't her 'type': 70-years-old, false teeth and bent as a nine bob note. :wink:
callous_little_bleeder

Postby NSteptoe » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:18 pm

callous_little_bleeder wrote:
NSteptoe wrote:That looks like a great website with lots of information. Great work! :)

Awww, this is my baby girl folks. The Nooly to the Wooly. A newb to Steptoe but she loves Albert big time.

The way she goes on about Wilf, seriously. Shame he weren't her 'type': 70-years-old, false teeth and bent as a nine bob note. :wink:

Yessss, I love Harold too though. They were both great in their own ways :D

Watched two episodes today; A Loathe Story and Any Old Iron. I'm so glad the episodes are on YouTube! makes people like me, who lives in the middle of nowhere experience the magic of English comedy!!! I love it. They sure doesn't make them like this anymore.
NSteptoe

Postby bob » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:03 am

Welcome to the forum Nsteptoe.

We are all very jellous of the fact that you are watching Steptoe for the first time and wish we could recreate that feeling.
bob
Site Admin

Postby NSteptoe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:29 pm

bob wrote:Welcome to the forum Nsteptoe.

We are all very jellous of the fact that you are watching Steptoe for the first time and wish we could recreate that feeling.

Thank you. :D

Yes, it sure is a lovely feeling. I'm so glad that I've found a new favorite show.
NSteptoe

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Ah you lucky little bleeder!! Although it would miss some of the social comment of the time, it would be the first thing I did if I had amnesia... if I remembered that is...

I have now added highlights of Wilfrid's book 'All Above Board' to the site, so those who don't have a copy can read some of it!!! www.harryandwilf.co.uk and follow the link
PhilGlass

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:04 pm

A new update has been added - I wanted it ready in time for H's birthday, but wasn't able to meet the deadline.

In 1967 Harry gave an indepth interview on "Acting in the Sixties". In 1970 it was transcribed in to the book of the same name, this update looks at thge book, with some interesting excerpts from it.

Harry talks about his ACTING - This is Harry the performer, a man who was once considered to be the hottest, most interesting new actor in England. An actor who's very appearance demanded the respect and awe of other actors. Let us not forget just HOW important Harry H. Corbett was in the fifties...

I hope you enjoy it...

http://www.harryandwilf.co.uk/Acting_In ... xties.html
PhilGlass

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:55 pm

PhilGlass wrote:I have now added highlights of Wilfrid's book 'All Above Board' to the site, so those who don't have a copy can read some of it!!! www.harryandwilf.co.uk and follow the link

Thanks Phil for Harry's interview, good reading. but i'm having trouble finding your quotes from Wilfrid's autobiography. were they removed or am i merely shortsighted? very eager to get a copy, been checking prices and they're astronomical for a paperback. i'm assuming it went out of print quickly with no reissues. inexcusable really, but never mind.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Next

Return to Share your news