Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Steptoe convention???

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Steptoe convention???

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 pm

I was recently asked if the official steptoe society still does conventions and fan club 'get togethers'. The answer of course is no.

It would be so nice to have a more active fan club, run not for profit, but for fun.

Would this interest people? Without the right amount of support it would not work. I would be happy to run it, alongside anyone else who might be interested.

I would be thinking of kicking off with a small convention, 1 day perhaps, where we would get together and talk steptoe, have a special guest from the show, screen rare-as-lips-on-a-kipper footage and generally just enjoty steptoe...

It's just a thought for now, but if anyone would be interested in this, I would like to know!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

steptoe convention ???

Postby harold » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:07 pm

i would love to be a part of asteptoe society but i could not attend the convention and welcome amwest keep posting
harold

Postby Archie » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 pm

A convention would be good - But it's difficult for me to travel from Scotland :cry:
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby Karl » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 pm

I'd be in favour of an actual fan club/appreciation society,i was a member of the original one run by Lisa Sargent,the forums are great,but its nice to have a mag/newsletter to read and then keep
i love looking through old editions of "Totting times" & "The Rag 'n' bone" top reading!!!
a Steptoe convention would be ok too!!
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Return to Share your news