Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Mike Yarwood doing the Steptoes

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Mike Yarwood doing the Steptoes

Postby Karl » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:15 am

I've recently purchased a dvd entitled "Its Mike Yarwood",i saw it at a knockdown price so,thought why not? i can remember him on Tv as a kid,and from what i can recall he done a brilliant impression of our beloved Albert & Harold! i watched last night and to be honest i think his impression was brilliant!! i closed my eyes and he sounded just like 'em.he had the facial expressions down to a tee also.From what i remember he did a decent Tony Hancock too.
A very good impressionist,none like him these days.Apart from Alistair Mcgowan's Eastenders/Steptoe sketch of course!!
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby Archie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Mike Yarwood was one the highlights of our family Saturday night viewing in the 70's :D
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby bob » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:25 pm

With the recent tribute to Eric and Ernie also fresh in everybodies mind, I wonder why the BBC don't re-look at bringing back some "variety" type entertainment.

Poor Mike Y, I think the booze did for his career
bob
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:00 am

Poor Mike Y, I think the booze did for his career

along with stage fright i believe Bob. :(
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby bob » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Stage Fright rings a bell.

It was very much the BBC way that entertainers had to sing, even when they couldn't. I can remember Mike croaking his way through many a tune. That would have done his confidence the world of good !!!!!!
bob
Site Admin

Return to Share your news