Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

the boxset

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby Archie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:44 pm

If things get any worse plenty of people will be selling cars for £65 :cry:
I once bought a 71 Ford Capri 1600 for £70 I brush painted it with Woolworths black paint :shock:

My best buy was a Mini van, only 4 years old but needed a lot of welding, I welded it myself and re sprayed it (I had invested in a spray gun and compressor)
I paid £40 for the Mini and after welding and spraying it, I sold it with a years MOT for £900 :o
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

the boxset

Postby harold » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:00 pm

i am still watching they are great glad i own them
harold

the boxset

Postby harold » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:05 pm

got the totters boxset next i will bgetting the trotters boxset
A TOTTER 4 EVER
harold

Postby Archie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 pm

I may have to open my boxset soon, I watched 'Those magnificent men' last night and noticed cracks on one of the series 4 discs :cry:
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

the boxset

Postby harold » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:46 pm

any one know why they split up the seasons on the disc the first ones are all on one disc as is the last one just asking is all i still enjoy mine
A TOTTER 4 EVER
harold

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Just guessing H, but maybe the box set is made up of the same discs that were/are sold separately: back stock in a new package. it's not uncommon. dunno.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby PhilGlass » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Firstly, the DVD's ar eall the same in the set or individual, though I have heard rumour some individual xmas specials cut the Encoh line, but I can't confirm that.

Early seasons are done on one disc to save money. This is because thet have no idea how they will sell - hopefully they ar eput on to more expensive dual layer discs, but occasionally the quality is reduced to fit them on to a standard dvd. But the Steptoe 1discs are on dual layers.

If you notice, it is generally 6 episode seasons on 1 disc. After that they either reduce the quality or split it to two dvd's, so because they know they will sell, they put a little mroe time and effort in to the production and split them on to two discs to preserve the quality.

As season 8 is only 6 eps, they probably thought it wasn't worth spliting to two discs of 3, or a disc of 4 and a disc of 2 etc. That could actually be quite annoying for people like me who generally watch a full disc in one go.

They probably are back stock, I think a lot of companies do that - playback do.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

the boxset

Postby harold » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:47 pm

watched the xmas specials last night the enoch line is still in the episode i have the boxset so it may have been cut on the individual discs i donot know
A TOTTER 4 EVER
harold

Postby Karl » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:14 pm

The "Enoch" line is on my disc,i got the xmas specials dvd as soon as it was released,maybe they cut it out on later copies.........
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:12 pm

at long last my box set arrived! so very pleased.
i'd only seen the films, but now i can say with complete confidence, this is indeed the best sitcom ever. unparalleled. ahead of it's time.
as if there were ever any doubt eh?
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Previous

Return to Share your news