Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Harry H Corbett interview on youtube....

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Harry H Corbett interview on youtube....

Postby taylorslade » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:53 am

Apoligies if this has been posted before or if everybody has seen it but I recently came across this interview which was filmed in Australia in 72, on a horse and cart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV5JMWO3 ... re=related
"Big Bristols , she had."
--Come dancing.
taylorslade

Postby Karl » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Absolutely brilliant! I've not seen this before,Fascinating stuff.
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby PhilGlass » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:39 pm

This is on the "Assorted Rags" DVD

It was discovered and collected from the archives (at great time and cost) by Steptoe fan Michael Gillis.

Being a kind man, he let a few select fans see it. Suddenly it was all over youtube with the uploaders taking all the credit.

Because of them, people like Michael have lost interest in collecting and more stuff remains unseen.

Good interview though - Harry is very friendly and genuinely seems to be enjoying it (though has anyone else noticed there is one point on the cart where the Australian man says something in such a strong accent and Harry nods and agrees but has a look on his face that says 'what the hell did he just say?'. ) Priceless!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby taylorslade » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:29 pm

I did originally think to myself that it was on the assorted rags dvd, but I have not seen that DVD.

It is quite a shame how people would take credit for someone else's work but given the nature of the internet it isn't suprising really.

One of the guys on youtube who runs the channel called "Steptoestuff" seems to have quite a few interesting clips, and also said on one of the comments that he has both the Ajax commercials, but you guys probably know him already or are him haha.

I regularly trawl the internet just incase someone posts clips or episodes of the lost colour episodes, or other rarities....hopefully one day it pays off for us all.

One thing I would also like, is for the BBC to stop using the word "Lost" when reffering to what happened to those episodes, and be honest and say that they deleted them in a unimaginably foolish move.

From what I understand, they done the same thing with Til death us do part, but if I had a penny for everytime someone I know, or someone in the media wrongly says "The reason you can't get them on DVD or on the TV is because of the un-PC content" etc, I have heard this countless times, yet no one ever gets it right and realises that it was just imbecilic behaviour by the BBC.

Everytime I think about this subject, or read something like "tape was expensive, so the BBC wiped a select few episodes of this programme and that one"....I remind myself that this is the same Channel that would a few decades later throw obscene amounts of money at people like Jonathon Ross.

COBBLERS!!!!
--Come dancing.
taylorslade

Postby PhilGlass » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi, Im "Steptoestuff" nice to meet you,

I do not take credit for the thing si put on there, and most is commercially available. Anyhting not was uploaded with permission of the person who supplied it to me!

It promotes my website! Glad you liked the stuff and yes, I have BOTH Ajax ads (and Bob can vouch for this!)

To the BBC "Lost" means "remember when we buggered it up?". As a serious collector I do not agree anything no longer exists. Somewhere in the world everything exists. But some people dont even know they have it.. on the end of a tape and the likes..

Nothing is lost, just misplaced... lol
PhilGlass

Postby taylorslade » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:13 pm

I did have a feeling it would be you Phil lol.

Congratulations on a great youtube Channel, one that I use at least once a day. It's priceless to me, when I want to watch a Steptoe episode but too lazy to get the DVD or VHS out lol. It's first class, it really is. Thanks for putting in what must be a lot of work to produce it.
--Come dancing.
taylorslade

Postby PhilGlass » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks Taylor I use it to promote my site dedicated to Harry and Wilfrid.

I used to have an account based on another interest of mine, where I uploaded a LOT of VERY rare footage, only to wake up every morning to an inbox full of insults. People who had uploaded NOTHING to youbute had th enerve to call me some shocking stuff because Id only upload a 5 min clip of something that was much longer... stuff that had cost me at the time a LOT of money to find. Not a single one of these people who were such collectors they thought it was insulting had anything at all uploaded.

Dont misunderstand, I dont measure a fan by how much they have - we are all fans, some bigger fans than me, some collect some dont. I just wanted to show why I dont like youtube (and why comments are disabled on all my uploads!)
PhilGlass

Postby taylorslade » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:27 am

I hear you only too well, Phil. It's the same as what I mentioned in another thread here, about other message boards where not even the slightest thing can trigger some disgusting behaviour.

On a side note, I have tried to subscribe to your brilliant channel many many times, yet it never seems to work, the same when I try to comment on any video, it never works, damn youtube. I'll keep trying though.
--Come dancing.
taylorslade

Return to Share your news