Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

The Unknown Hancock

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby bob » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:40 am

The “When Steptoe met Son” programme was just complete innuendo and unsubstantiated statements.

The opening line is “Steptoe (meaning Willy) was a dirty old man on screen and off it”! having made such a libellous statement ( I don’t think you can liable the dead) , they never at any stage qualify that statement or offer any evidence to support it.

If anybody is interested I can post a copy of “When Steptoe met Son” (not a very good one) on the website, I would just want to make sure that it was surrounded by warnings that it’s claims are dubious in the extreme.
bob
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:21 am

Archie wrote:Karl; it is on YouTube under' The Unknown Tony Hancock' it's in several parts.

If you have 'Real Playerr' etc you can download it and watch it on your computer.
It's quite good :o

Thanks Archie,I think it was a repeat,was that useless article Pete Docherty in it? someone at work said he was.......I remember seeing a Hancock doc. with him talking about how his dad got him into Hancock's half hour when he was a kid,if so i have seen it.
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby Archie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah Docherty was in it, Hancock came across as someone who cared little for other peoples feelimgs.
Stopping working with G&S and Sid for example, though Sid forgave him and obviously missed him.
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby PhilGlass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 am

bob wrote:The “When Steptoe met Son” programme was just complete innuendo and unsubstantiated statements.

The opening line is “Steptoe (meaning Willy) was a dirty old man on screen and off it”! having made such a libellous statement ( I don’t think you can liable the dead) , they never at any stage qualify that statement or offer any evidence to support it.

If anybody is interested I can post a copy of “When Steptoe met Son” (not a very good one) on the website, I would just want to make sure that it was surrounded by warnings that it’s claims are dubious in the extreme.

That's right, under British law you can say absolutely anything about the dead and can not be sued. H's family only won their argument against "The Curse of..." as it made implications about H's children being born out of wedlock, so it affected someone still alive.

But you can make up absolutely any lie you like about someone who is dead. Henry 8th once came round my house and shat in my goldfish bowl... that's the truth, honestly... I can prove it, oh hang on, no I can't.. never mind, I'll just write it as a drama and sell it to the BBC... ok then...
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Karl » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:05 am

Talking of Hancock-
This tuesday 12/3/11 at 10-30am, there is a programme on R4 extra entitled "Hancocks helpers" . A show about his on and off screen relationship with co-stars,Sid James,Bill Kerr etc.
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby bob » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:26 am

Good Spot Karl.

I will tune in...... Thanks
bob
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Share your news