Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

RESTORED CLIP - 321: Dickens (Wilfrid Brambell) (ITV) 1979

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Phil ******* Glass... You've all got him to thanks for this...

This is the best I could do, with the material that was available to me (one of the worst multi gen VHSs I've ever tried to do anything with). Still far from perfect, but much more watchable...

Before: 321 - Dickens (Wilfrid Brambell) (ITV) 25-12-79 (NOT Restored).mpg (382.05 MB)

After: 321 - Dickens (Wilfrid Brambell) (ITV) 25-12-79 (Restored, as best I could - for the time being...).mpg (394.06 MB)

Enjoy!
Last edited by The Pixel Surgeon on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Postby PhilGlass » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:50 pm

Always nice to see your restored clips, though personally this has to be Wilfrid's worst ever performance. His 1966 portrayal of Scrooge is amazing. This is not.

He is charming when he appears as himself at the end, but this could not have done anything for his career. Thankfully in the same year he also gave two of his greatest ever performances, in "All Creatures Great and Small" and the remarkable "Picassos Aventyr". But we can all have off days can't we!

This is apparently due to be repeated on Challenge, well, the whole first few series are, but as this was a christmas special, let's hope it doesn't get missed out!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:28 am

I hope for "pixel" they have lost the original otherwise all that hard work would have been for nothing. I'm not sure 321 deserves to be in the "national archive" !!!!
bob
Site Admin

Postby PhilGlass » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 am

Judging by the quality of a lot of stuff on challenge, Pixel's version will by far surpass theirs. "Digital" television ruins a lot of original programs.

Pixel's versions will always be the best, his work really is not in vain!! :) This guy is so good, it's annyoing... (only joking Pixel, you know we're mates!!)
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Return to Share your news