Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Congrats Bob

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Congrats Bob

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:37 am

Ron at steptoe-and-son.com reports that Bob is taking the helm of the Appreciation Society.
Well done, it's good to know it'll be in good hands.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

congrats bob

Postby harold » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:16 pm

good news lets all celebrate at the skinners arms
A TOTTER 4 EVER
harold

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:11 pm

Ron told me the good news the other day - Congrats Bob.

It really couldn't be in better hands. Great things ahead I'm sure!!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Karl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:07 am

Nice one Bob! :D
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby Archie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Good news will the two sites combine ?.

With the magazine plans things are looking good :o
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby bob » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Everyone

Sorry for the long silence but I have been away and these have been very busy times for me.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words, but really all of the credit should go to Ron who has kept the profile of Steptoe and Son high for many years now. I have been overwhelmed by all the information and support he has given and will give in the future. He also sent me a large box of goodies, which I hope to share on the site as time allows. We all owe Ron a big vote of thanks.

The good news is he will still be around and I know he has one or two cunning ideas and web content to share with us all over time.

While I don’t see there being drastic changes to the site, a few cosmetic changes will slowly take place. I guess I will need to include the “official” title at some point.

In answer to Archie’s question the two sites won’t combine and Ron plans to use his site to share some interesting Steptoe collectables.

I have always wanted the site to be where people could contribute, this forum is a good example of that as are the episode reviews. I want that to continue, but likewise it would be nice if people could take responsibility for certain aspects of the site. For example I wrote the code for an interactive quiz a couple of years ago, I currently have about 30 questions with pictures, if somebody wants to help with that it would be great. There is no coding required just a methodical way of completing the question form.

By the way crosswords are banned ……. For obvious reasons

Anyway that enough for now.

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Return to Share your news