Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Boxset - Repackaged

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Boxset - Repackaged

Postby bob » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:52 pm

I am greatful to Chris Ridley who made me aware that the Steptoe Boxset has been re-listed on Amazon. This is a repackaged version with a release date of the end of the month.

Tessa said that Ray and Alan were not aware of it. I have asked her for further details.

Also note that there is a new book just released called Masters of Sitcom by Christopher Stevens about Ray and Alan. Availalbe now on Amazon. I'll put in the usual hours promoting the book. The buggers don't even give me a free copy.

Now my Missus has a website on Agatha Christie and she is always being sent stuff. She even got a book deal; out of it !!!

I wouldn't mind but Agatha has been dead for years. Sorry rant over.
bob
Site Admin

Postby Archie » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 pm

I wonder if the box set has more PC cuts ? :(

My set is still wrapped up..my emergency supply in case another disc breaks :shock:
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby Karl » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:11 am

I've just ordered the "Masters of sitcom" book,looking forward to a great read......... :)
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Anther rip off repackaging job probably... OFAH is going the same way and I hae it on good authority that it is an identical set. I wont be expecting anything new on there.

Bob - you mean you're not working on commission???? :shock:
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby bob » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:14 am

Commission !!!!!!

This is a labour of love mate. As you know with your own website it is hours of slog, frustration and eventual pride just to get a page up that promotes somebody else’s business !! I shudder to think how much it would all cost if they had to pay for it.

Mind you I am sitting here listening to an interview, where Ray G is still bemoaning the fact that Tony Hancock had a fiver of him many years ago, so I don’t think there is any chance of G&S putting their hand in their pocket.

As tight as a gnats chuff they are !!!!
bob
Site Admin

Return to Share your news