Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

shoestring series 1

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

shoestring series 1

Postby THE VICAR » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 pm

2just to let every one know shoestring series one is now out on dvd bbc dvd 2 entertain harrys episode is on disc two nine tenths of the law very god picture bettr than me poxy old video . nick we look like a couple of pox doctors clarks.
not the vicar again hes had two bob of me this year already.
THE VICAR

Postby Karl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:01 am

I've got a cousin who's been waiting for this DVD Nick,apparently the long wait for its release is due to the problems of copyright on the songs played in the series.
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 am

I reccomend this. Apparently there have been cuts in the series, but not "Nine Tenths of the Law" which is Harry's episode.

I think his performance is worth buying the set for I really do. For whos who haven't seen it, he plays a decent sized role in the episode and plays it totally straight. I think there are true glimpses of the type of villainous drama performances he was giving in the fifties and early sixties. Very reminiscent of his early "Armchair Theatre" work.

It was filmed just days after his car crash and just months after his first heart attack so he is forgiven for looking a little tired. One of his best Post-Steptoen performances.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Archie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:11 pm

It's a great episode :)
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Re: shoestring series 1

Postby THE VICAR » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:04 pm

yes watched it last night he didnt look well i now know why he sort of dose his harlod laugh in one part the other guy john bindton i think is jim in esatenders or was as he had a stroke last year yes noticed one or two cuts due to music copy right nothing to bad i got round to ordering cover girl killer today and thanks uk gold for the feast of steptoe last sunday will the likes of network every bring grundy or poter to dvd ?
THE VICAR

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:45 pm

I;ve seen the entire series of GRUNDY and it deserves a reelase but there is no commercial aspect to it... 1 dvd that's all... would you pay £30???? If it part of a series theyd puit it out forn 20 or 15... buit as a 1 off... £30 please... we all want everything for nothing... this is why they don release it... the price for a simple 3 hour dvd is too high...

Potter is somewhere down the line.., PLAYBACK have a deal with Roy Clarke, the writer... all of his shows except OPEN ALL HOURS have been released by them... those that have been released I mean... hopefully POTTER is not far away. They assure me they intend to release as much of Clarke's material as possible. We await good news... bu dont hold your breath...
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby THE VICAR » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:22 pm

2me to phil as i hope they wil bring all the steptoe radio shows out in a audio cd box set it still hasnt happend another book you might want to add book selfe keeping the britsh end up an a to z of britsh sex comdeys theres a pice on harry in there he was offerd a part in the 1978 sex comdey come play with me butdidnt do it as the fee wasnt enough and harry also gets a metion in the book the man who invented the daleks the terry nation story as nation knew him he was with arthur lowie going to be in the remake of hancocks half hour with arthur lowie that i would have love to have sen aswell wilfrid was in another film ive watched the boys where wilfrid plays a irish bog cleaner nice to hear his irish voice again a fine film .
THE VICAR

Return to Share your news