Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

So glad to see the Steptoe and Son Forum...

Your chance to update other users on forthcoming events. Is a new DVD about to be released ? Any special documentaries planned ? Anything you feel would appeal to Steptoe fans

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

So glad to see the Steptoe and Son Forum...

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:43 pm

So glad to see the Steptoe and Son Forum back up and running... Thanks for all the effort you've put in, Bob, to get it back up so quickly : wink:

I even like the new colour scheme. And as you say, Bob, it won't be long, before it starts to feel just like home... :wink:

BTW, all, I'll be putting up links, to 3 editions of Television's Greatest Hits, which I recorded directly off-air, via the BBC, at the time of original broadcast - way back in 1992.

I recorded them specifically, for the Steptoe and Son content I knew they'd feature - with the 1965 edition, being a particular gem, as it has a very nice section dedicated to the two totters!

Those links I mention, will appear in the Video and Audio section on this forum, so keeep an eye-out for them...

Oh, and BTW, they won't be poor quality, like what you're all used to seeing (more often than not) on places like YouTube (which isn't a place I frequent very often, anyway). These will be decent bit-rate MPEG encodes! And due to that, will be fairly large files – and thus, I hasten to add, something you'll be able to archive away, as your very own master copies!

I don’t deal in poor quality - unless it’s all I can get - and thankfully, that's something that's very seldom an issue for me...
Last edited by The Pixel Surgeon on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Re: So glad to see the Steptoe and Son Forum...

Postby PhilGlass » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Yea so good to see it back. Shame some idiot has nothing better to do than go around hacking sites!!

Pixel, that will be a great addition, I've seen those, obviously from other recordings if you did yours yourself. Pretty good stuff, everyone will enjoy them.

The new repackaged boxset is a diappointment. I wouldn't go out of your way to find it people - the difference? The BBC logo on the box is purple. Wow. At least it is if that's the new one that's suddenly appeared on shelves. The Beeb wont give any more info, so it seems like that's the one!!

Well done to Bob for getting everything up and running again... let me just add a tally to the chart.. thats about a hundred pints we all owe you now!! :)
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Archie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Aye great to see the forum back 8)
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby bob » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your kind words and support.

I built some code into the old forum to stop spammers, but obviously not hackers !!!¬!

Unfortunately with this new board, spammers are getting through, so I need to focus on doding something about this as sign up for a genuine new member is now quite onerious.

Once I have got this done, I will try to bring back some of the old look and feel.

Keep posting guys

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Postby bob » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:43 pm

I think I've fixed it ...... As before the onloy way to gain membership to the forum is to answer a simple question about the show.

Honestly it is so simple that if you don't know the answer I have no idea what you are doing here in the first place.
bob
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Great to see the forum back Bob! :D

Keep up the good work! :D
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby Karl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:35 am

Good to see the "Steptoe" feel coming back to the forum Bob,

Its a pleasure to be a member!! 8)
"The only thing worth 'avin is that porcelain group on the mantlepiece behind your elbow......." "'Aint you got any woodbines?.. "
Karl

Postby bob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks Karl

It is taking time, but I know what I want it to look like, I've just got to find the right bit of code to change !!!!

Thanks

Bob
bob
Site Admin

Return to Share your news