Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

June Whitfield RIP

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

June Whitfield RIP

Postby ebdons » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:51 am

Hi, well known actress with many roles including carry-on roles and radio work as well.
ebdons

Re: June Whitfield RIP

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:17 am

Very sad news indeed. Good innings though, 93.
A wonderful and prolific comic actress, her c.v. is obviously too long to list here. I remember her best in the
classic Hancock episode The Blood Donor, and Steptoe of course in The Bonds That Bind Us. Two favorite
Carry On’s, Girls & Abroad....haven’t seen Nurse yet but hope to soon, and Columbus isn't discussed in
polite company. Also, Terry and June, and Absolutely Fabulous. Would love to hear Take It From Here
but BBC isn't airing it. Hopefully their programming department will regain their wits sometime and
resume re-broadcasts of that hugely influential and world famous radio show. Paraphrasing here,
but in the Carry On Girls commentary, June decried 'political correctness' as "...the worst thing
that's happened to us." And quite right too! An enourmously talented and modest lady,
Clear weather June, and smooth sailing. Cheers, raising a pint to you tonight.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Uncle Nobby » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:25 am

Yes I watched her and the cast go to Els Bells for their holidays last week on ITV 3. She was carrying on with the Waiter whilst her husband was buying a love potion. :lol:

A fine actress.
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby

Postby ebdons » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi, yes a really fine actress as you say, and always with a little glint in her eye? seeing her in COG the other day when in Alderman Bumble's bathroom and saying how "in-equipped he was in his domestic duties" as she looked down into his bath, Brilliant! RIP June!
ebdons

Return to RIP - In Memoriam