Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

R.I.P Christopher Malcolm 1947 to 2014

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

R.I.P Christopher Malcolm 1947 to 2014

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Sadly announced recently that actor Christopher Malcolm has died at the young age of 67. He was Scots born being from Aberdeen but moved to Canada as a kid where he was educated and raised there until here returned back to the UK to live with his grandparents in Essex aged 19.

He was famous for many roles including the Only Fools and Horses SE3 episode " Friday the 14th" in which he played a insane axe murderer in which played pool with a petrified Del, also in the 1985 Highlander film as a deranged Vietnam veteran Kirk Matunas who's stabbed the the torso by the warrior Kurgan, and in Absolutely Fabulous as Saffy's gay Dad beside many other shows films such as the rock horror show, Star Wars Empire strikes back, Labyrinth ect.... What a sad loss! :|

Last edited by Ilovesteptoe on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: R.I.P Christopher Malcolm 1947 to 2014

Postby Archie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 pm

I remember watching that OFAH episode and thinking, why has this guy not been on more TV shows :o A very good actor.

DO YOU LIKE SNOOKER?
:evil:

Del -Do you? :)
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Archie wrote:I remember watching that OFAH episode and thinking, why has this guy not been on more TV shows :o A very good actor.

DO YOU LIKE SNOOKER?
:evil:

Del -Do you? :)

Yeah Christopher Malcom was supreme in that episode. I like in particular all the early episodes of OFAH's as they weren't glossy as the later ones were but were slightly naive with John Sullivan still finding his way in the business although had one classic under his belt in Citizen Smith (1977/80). I love the most especially the one mentioned, the one with the air raid nuclear bomb shelter on top of the flat and the one with the the glowing paint. Heck I love em all old and new. We all do. 8)

Ilovesteptoe

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:30 pm

I knew Malcolm best in 2 especially memorable roles, though I never imagined they were the same actor.
As the gay father in Absolutely Fabulous, and as the paranoid weapons fanatic/clueless vigilante in Highlander.
Only in the movies can a man be run through the abdomen with a broadsword, lifted off the ground, hurled across an alley, and live to complain about it. Wish I could’ve seen him in Rocky Horror.

And now I see comedy writer/director Harold Ramis (Animal House, Groundhog Day, etc.)...
and genius guitarist Paco de Lucia have passed on as well. Very sad indeed.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Dirty Old Yank wrote:I knew Malcolm best in 2 especially memorable roles, though I never imagined they were the same actor.
As the gay father in Absolutely Fabulous, and as the paranoid weapons fanatic/clueless vigilante in Highlander.
Only in the movies can a man be run through the abdomen with a broadsword, lifted off the ground, hurled across an alley, and live to complain about it. Wish I could’ve seen him in Rocky Horror.

And now I see comedy writer/director Harold Ramis (Animal House, Groundhog Day, etc.)...
and genius guitarist Paco de Lucia have passed on as well. Very sad indeed.

I first saw him in that role mentioned in OFAH with the pool table in which he played an escaped mental hospital patient but didn't realise he was also as you said the same actor in Highlander skewered by the Kurgan's broadsword years later which showed how versatile he was, and then still to play that role as Saffy's Gay dad in the brilliant Ab Fab series marked out the man as one hell of an actor. Hear that sad new about Harold Ramis which to honest knocked me back a bit as firstly I wasn't aware he had that rare genetic Illness that sadly took him at the early age of 69. Agreed it's a very sad day on both counts. :|

Ilovesteptoe

Return to RIP - In Memoriam