Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

R.I.P Harold Ramis 1944 to 2014

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

R.I.P Harold Ramis 1944 to 2014

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Sadly this week on the 24th Feb 2014 the great actor, director, writer and producer Harold Ramis star of the cult films Ghost Busters 1 & 2 plus many other films passed away at the young age of 69yrs.

His first movie was with fellow actor and good friend Bill Murry in the classic army spoof Stripes (1981) he went then onto write with Dan Akroyd the two highly successful Ghostbuster films (1984 & 89) plus many other films of note. He also directed and gave us classics such as Caddyshack (1980) & Groundhog day (1996 ) both with Actor/friend Bill Murry starring and the Bedazzled remake (2000) ect... He will be sorely missed by all fans of his work. :|

Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: R.I.P Harold Ramis 1944 to 2014

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:45 pm

He was also Playboy magazine joke editor at a time when there was still a reason to actually read Playboy as opposed to just admire cheesecake photos, wrote for Second City and various National Lampoon productions at a time when everybody read the Lampoon. National Lampoon magazine was everywhere and a huge influence on all sorts of creative people. One example that comes to mind, they once did a piece on Churchill providing him with a doctored photo (they changed the V sign to a middle finger, I framed that one) and assorted bogus quotes attributed to the late PM including, “eat my shorts”, an expression appropriated by Bart Simpson a decade later. Ramis also co-scripted the timeless classic Animal House. Hadn’t seen Groundhog Day in many years, watched it again recently and was surprised how well it stands up, some very funny bits for a light comedy.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Re: R.I.P Harold Ramis 1944 to 2014

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Dirty Old Yank wrote:He was also Playboy magazine joke editor at a time when there was still a reason to actually read Playboy as opposed to just admire cheesecake photos, wrote for Second City and various National Lampoon productions at a time when everybody read the Lampoon. National Lampoon magazine was everywhere and a huge influence on all sorts of creative people. One example that comes to mind, they once did a piece on Churchill providing him with a doctored photo (they changed the V sign to a middle finger, I framed that one) and assorted bogus quotes attributed to the late PM including, “eat my shorts”, an expression appropriated by Bart Simpson a decade later. Ramis also co-scripted the timeless classic Animal House. Hadn’t seen Groundhog Day in many years, watched it again recently and was surprised how well it stands up, some very funny bits for a light comedy.

Was there no end to this man's talent. His loss even more poignant! :|
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to RIP - In Memoriam