Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

H. R. Giger

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

H. R. Giger

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Tue May 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Reading the tabloid obits, it’s readily apparent they were all written (if indeed they were written) by the same person and all that person seems to know is H. R. Giger did some album covers and designed the “Alien” for Ridley Scott’s 1979 film, that and a few other factoids.
None of those obits do him justice.

Hans Ruedi Giger is inarguably one of the most important and influential artists of the past century.
His work is totally unique and its impact is startlingly immediate, even deeply distressing to some people.
Beautiful, threatening, incessantly challenging, sometimes overtly sexual, and very dark. So “dark”, some lunatic attempted to burn a huge recreation of his 'space jockey' at an “Alien” premiere, claiming it was evil.
When in fact, he was a really nice chap by all accounts.
Thanks for vastly widening the horizons of imagination, RIP
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Re: H. R. Giger

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Wed May 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Heard the news about his passing and it's very sad. His work for Alien was brilliant and I agree he wasn't a one trick pony he had many other achievements to which should have been mentioned. A great loss! :|
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to RIP - In Memoriam