Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Warren Clarke

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Warren Clarke

Postby Archie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:29 pm

The British actor has died aged 67 after a short illness. He was versatile appearing in a number of dramas and comedies including Blackadder.
Fans of the cult movie 'A Cloackwork Orange' will remember him as one of the Droogs. At one point they are walking beside a river and for no reason the leader Alex hits him in the cobblers with his cane and pushes him into the river :shock:
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Re: Warren Clarke

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Very sorry to read of Clarke’s passing, a favorite actor though I’d only seen him in what, four roles? Obviously a remarkable performer.
Last edited by Dirty Old Yank on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Of course, I forgot he was in A Clockwork Orange. I watched that on Sky Box Office just after the 'ban' was lifted, because of the death of Stanley Kubrick. As much as I enjoy The Shining, I'm aware that it was changed drastically from the book and a lot of people hate it for that reason. I liked ACR, but Lolita and particularly Dr Strangelove are the ones I like the best - and that would have a lot to do with a certain Mr Sellers!

But back to Warren Clarke... I am a total comedy nut (50s - 80s mostly) and so the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread and read of his sad passing, is his appearance in Blackadder The Third (episode: Amy And Amiability) where he is the dad of Miranda Richardson and his gruff, imposing manner - with some hilarious and outrageous lines.. "I'd no more place my daughter in the hands of an unworthy man than I'd place my john thomas in the hands of a lunatic with a pair of scissors." "Mind sir or I shall take off my belt and by thunder, me trousers will fall down." If I've watched that once, then I've watched it 100 times.

RIP.
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:47 pm

Sad to hear of his death, he was great actor. RIP Warren Clarke. :|
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to RIP - In Memoriam