Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Ken Weatherwax

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Ken Weatherwax

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Ken Weatherwax, better known as the robust child ‘Pugsley’ from the enormously popular 1960’s b/w telly sitcom “The Addams Family”, has passed on. Not to be confused with subsequent (and inferior) remakes, the “Addams'” as originally created by artist Charles Addams were an inestimable influence upon art, culture and fashion, that continues to this day. By all accounts Ken was a cool guy, you don’t get to be a grip otherwise. In their obit of Ken, BBC describes the Addams Family as “disfunctional”. Nothing could be further from the truth, the Addams’ (like the Munsters) were uniquely functional, sharing very healthy relationships. The only weirdos were the intolerant, which was the very premise of the Addams Family. RIP.
Last edited by Dirty Old Yank on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Re: Ken Weatherwax

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Very sad to hear this; I loved The Addams Family (and The Munsters, too) when I was a kid - I still do and am, just that I'm coming up for 45!

It's not that long since I sat and watched a load of episodes of this on DVD with a friend's two lads and they couldn't tear themselves away from it. I was a fair bit younger than them when I first saw it (I was about 5 or so, then saw the Channel 4 repeats in my early teens) and didn't question it being in b/w like they did - they'd never seen anything 'grey' before like that...

59's a terribly young age to go. My sincerest kind thoughts to his family and friends.
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Postby PhilGlass » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:13 pm

This is the first I've heard of this. Very sad. I love those shows.
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:47 pm

Extremely sad to hear of the Kenneth Weatherwax's (Pugsley) death. Man I loved the Addams Family as a kid and to find out of his death at the age of 59 is terrible. :|
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to RIP - In Memoriam