Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

RIP Lance Percival 1933 to 2015

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

RIP Lance Percival 1933 to 2015

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:15 pm

Sadly it's been announced that the great character actor Lance Percival has died age 81yrs. :|

Famous for many roles in various TV series/shows and films from This Was the Week That Was, Citizen James ect... he was also seen in many a classic British comedy films from Carry on Cruising, Twice Around The Daffodils, Big Job, Joey Boy , Up pompeii , The Water Babies, plus many many more.

Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: RIP Lance Percival 1933 to 2015

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:41 am

Oh dear; this is very sad. :(

I used to love watching him pop up in those old films I saw on the tv when I was little, because you knew right away he's have you smiling.

I've got Carry On Cruising here on DVD and he was very good in that; for anyone who's not seen it and can find it anywhere - Twice Around The Daffodils is a very good film... very Carry On-ish although much gentler and very little of the innuendo in it as I recall, nice little movie to warm the cockles of the heart and I'm going to see if I can get that somehow as it's been a long time.

He also released a few records in the 60s (some can be heard on You Tube) being the resident topical 'Calypso singer' on TW3. A funny and fun guy.

RIP, Lance.
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:47 pm

The late Mrs Steptoe wrote:Oh dear; this is very sad. :(

I used to love watching him pop up in those old films I saw on the tv when I was little, because you knew right away he's have you smiling.

I've got Carry On Cruising here on DVD and he was very good in that; for anyone who's not seen it and can find it anywhere - Twice Around The Daffodils is a very good film... very Carry On-ish although much gentler and very little of the innuendo in it as I recall, nice little movie to warm the cockles of the heart and I'm going to see if I can get that somehow as it's been a long time.

He also released a few records in the 60s (some can be heard on You Tube) being the resident topical 'Calypso singer' on TW3. A funny and fun guy.

RIP, Lance.

Thanks for the reply TLMS. Yes it's a very sad day for us fans of comedy. Lance was around at the golden age of British comedy, and with his passing closes another door. Not many like him left sadly. :|

Ilovesteptoe

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Ilovesteptoe wrote:

RIP, Lance.

Thanks for the reply TLMS. Yes it's a very sad day for us fans of comedy. Lance was around at the golden age of British comedy, and with his passing closes another door. Not many like him left sadly. :|

Thank you, ILS. :)

It's something I felt I really had to say - as I noted above, he was someone who wasn't a big star in his own right but a very familiar face from a certain era. I was just thinking the same; that there aren't many of his kind still out there.
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:19 pm

The late Mrs Steptoe wrote:
Ilovesteptoe wrote:

RIP, Lance.

Thank you, ILS. :)

It's something I felt I really had to say - as I noted above, he was someone who wasn't a big star in his own right but a very familiar face from a certain era. I was just thinking the same; that there aren't many of his kind still out there.

You're right TLMS, he wasn't. Lance although not a leading man in films was like most character actors a familiar face on our screens, much loved who was never out of work be it TV, theatre or film. Best kind of actor I feel. :)

Ilovesteptoe

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Ilovesteptoe wrote:You're right TLMS, he wasn't. Lance although not a leading man in films was like most character actors a familiar face on our screens, much loved who was never out of work be it TV, theatre or film. Best kind of actor I feel. :)

True - these were the people that were called upon, very likely because you could rely on them... first and foremost, to entertain. And that's what it's all about. :)
The late Mrs Steptoe

Return to RIP - In Memoriam