Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

RIP - Sir Christopher Lee

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

RIP - Sir Christopher Lee

Postby Uncle Nobby » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Hello All.

Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, CBE, CStJm, best known for his role as Count Dracula in a sequence of Hammer Horror films, died today aged 93.

He also played Count Dooku in Star Wars Episode II and Saruman in the LOrd of The Rings and The Hobbit.
"And you look after those gloves!"
Uncle Nobby

Re: RIP - Sir Christopher Lee

Postby Archie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Yet another Great British actor gone. He had a good innings though.

Sir Christopher Lee has died at the age of 93 after being hospitalised for respiratory problems and heart failure.

The veteran actor, best known for a variety of films from Dracula to The Wicker Man through to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, passed away on Sunday morning at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London, according to sources.

The decision to release the news days after was based on his wife’s desire to inform family members first. The couple had been married for over 50 years.
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:49 pm

Very saddened at this news. Loved all his work be it Amicus & Hammer films, Disney/fantasy/sci-fi with the Lord of The Rings & Star Wars ect... What an absolute legend, and that's understating it. RIP Christopher Lee! :|
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby Dirty Old Yank » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:34 pm

What an extraordinary life!! Brilliant actor, he appeared in more pictures than anyone in history, and though they weren’t all the best quality movies, which would be inevitable, he took each role seriously. Not just a man of impressive height but of principles as well, always honest, but he didn’t slag off other actors. An acute mind, polylingual, a remarkable operatic singing voice, and a very funny fella. His autobiography “Lord of Misrule“ and Jonathan Rigby’s “Christopher Lee, the Authorised Screen History” are highly recommended reading. Always admired Lee, glad (if that’s the word) I read the news here first, and not from some sleazy tabloid obit. Incredibly sad news, but a celebration is in order this weekend, hope to watch all the films he appeared in with his mate, Peter Cushing.
And of course, “The Wicker Man." Say what you like about 1970’s fashions, Lee made a blazer look good!
Even if it was beneath Edward Woodward.
"I'm a rag n' bone man, I'm not a poxy grave robber!"
Dirty Old Yank

Postby harold » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:23 pm

he was a great actor he will be missed
A TOTTER 4 EVER
harold

Postby bob » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:27 am

Famous enough to get a mention in Steptoe "The Christopher Lee's were biting hard last night" !!!!
bob
Site Admin

Return to RIP - In Memoriam