Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

RIP Gareth Thomas (1945- 2016)

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

RIP Gareth Thomas (1945- 2016)

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:02 pm

Sadly it's been announced that Welshman Gareth Thomas aka Blake from the cult sci-fi series Blake 7 has died age 71yrs.

On our screens for many years his career was long and varied. He was an accomplished Shakespearian actor, plus starred in many classic TV series such as the Avengers, Coronation Street, Z-Cars, Special Branch, Sutherland's Law, Public Eye, Who Pays the Ferryman?, Bergerac, By the Sword Divided, The Citadel, Knights of God, Boon, London's Burning, Casualty, Taggart, Heartbeat, Sherlock Holmes, How Green Was My Valley, Torchwood and Midsomer Murders plus Big Finnish Doctor Who & Blake 7 productions.

He will best be known to all as Roj Blake in the classic Terry Nation BBC sci-fi series which ran for four series, 52 episodes, from 1978 -1981. What a great talented actor. Will be sorely missed. RIP Gareth. :|

Image Image
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: RIP Gareth Thomas (1945- 2016)

Postby ebdons » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi All, very sad about gareth Thomas, another underated actor like derren nesbitt etc, who should have got more main roles than he did, blakes 7 was great and I only remember blake , avon and servalan from that series, seen gareth in quatermass and the pit film last week. new to this forum and happy to be here as I love all things Steptoe! :|
ebdons

Re: RIP Gareth Thomas (1945- 2016)

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:42 pm

ebdons wrote:Hi All, very sad about gareth Thomas, another underated actor like derren nesbitt etc, who should have got more main roles than he did, blakes 7 was great and I only remember blake , avon and servalan from that series, seen gareth in quatermass and the pit film last week. new to this forum and happy to be here as I love all things Steptoe! :|

Hi Ebdon. Welcome to the forum. Some nice sentiment there. Yes, Gareth was a great actor and will be sorely missed.
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to RIP - In Memoriam