Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

RIP Alan Young 1919- 2016

An opportunity to share some memories of our TV, Radio and Film stars who have gone to that Great Rag and Bone Yard in the Sky !

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

RIP Alan Young 1919- 2016

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Tue May 24, 2016 3:06 pm

Sadly the actor Alan Young star of 60s TV series Mr Ed which featured a talking horse fame has died aged 96yrs.

Born in Northumberland, England to Scottish parents he was originally called Angus but later changed it to Alan once he became and actor. He and his family moved around the UK in his early years then emigrated to Canada when he was 6yrs old, then became a US citizen in later life. As a child he was very sickly. He learned to love radio after many months bedridden with asthma the main reason for his love of voice acting. He starred in many radio show, TV series and was in many feature films. He will be best remembered for his role in the 1961 TV series Mr Ed and in classic films such as HG Wells Time Machine (1960) with Rod Taylor, and the fantasy film Tom Thumb (1958) with Russ Tamblin, plus voiced numerous kids cartoon series including Duck Tails. He was a great actor & man who will be sorely missed by all. :|

Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Re: RIP Alan Young 1919- 2016

Postby mel » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:53 am

I thought the name sounded familiar but it didn't click until I saw the TV show "Mr Ed"mentioned.He was great as Wilbur Post.I loved that show.
mel

Return to RIP - In Memoriam