Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

The Missing Hancocks.

Besides writing Steptoe and Son and Hancock’s Half Hour, Ray and Alan have worked with most of the big names in British entertainment. A chance here to discuss their other work

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

The Missing Hancocks.

Postby mashibinbin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:21 pm

This seems as good as any to mention the latest Galton and Simpson release. 5 episodes long missing from the archives have been dusted down and recreated with Kevin McNally, Kevin Eldon et al. I've just ordered it and am excited that even after this time there's something new to savour.
mashibinbin

Re: The Missing Hancocks.

Postby The late Mrs Steptoe » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:06 am

mashibinbin wrote:This seems as good as any to mention the latest Galton and Simpson release. 5 episodes long missing from the archives have been dusted down and recreated with Kevin McNally, Kevin Eldon et al. I've just ordered it and am excited that even after this time there's something new to savour.

EXCELLENT!

I didn't even know this had gone on sale. It's only a few weeks ago since they were played on the radio, so it's great news. That I missed them means now I don't have to... miss them! :lol:

I am a fan of HHH and are working my way through the DVD box set of the surviving episodes, once again. Surely Ray & Alan are some of the very best writers ever (perhaps THE best, for consistancy - I'm hard pushed to find anyone else that even comes close, though I love an awful lot of sitcoms) and reading the reviews on this is yet again, testimony to that. Apparently the actors are also great in it too.
"Aaarold... you should come round this side - her drawers have just dropped off!"
The late Mrs Steptoe

Return to Other Creations