Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

inconcistencies in the scripts

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

inconcistencies in the scripts

Postby tianmoon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:10 pm

I don't think that the inconsistencies of the Steptoe would be tolerated today, such as all the brothers and sister albert is supposed to have yet in another episode he was an only child born outside of wed lock to the muffin man.

and with Harold being such a snob ,why when he visits a psychiatrist, and goes to buy a bed does he turn up in his work gear.
their are many more as all true Steptoe fans know I am sure, but I still love it ,
if there ever was re mastered version I would buy it again , as long as it wasn't censored . because to censor it would be changing history ,that's how life was then.
tianmoon

Re: inconcistencies in the scripts

Postby PhilGlass » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:09 pm

This has been discussed at length. Firstly, it was a different world then. There were no household video recorders for the most part. Someone watching in 1974 couldn't remember every line of something they saw in 1962.

Secondly, Albert Steptoe is a liar. They were not necessarily inconsistencies, Albert would say whatever he wanted to get his way. Perhaps she wasn't really his sister and Harold knew this by that time?

Or maybe it's only pretend anyway!

I totally agree with the comment about not censoring it. Wise words. You lose so much and everything was accepted at the time it was made, this is a piece of history, why not let us see that?

Great post, welcome!
"What do I want to go and see a film about Lesbians for?"
PhilGlass

Return to The knobs are on my side