Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Steptoe and Son movies - new Australian DVDs

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Steptoe and Son movies - new Australian DVDs

Postby Eddie79 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi - I've recently become aware of a new collection of British movies available on DVD from Madman Entertainment in Australia. It's called the Britannia Collection and here's a link: http://www.madman.com.au/actions/search ... oduct=true

The Steptoe movies are amongst them. Now, the main thing that interests me - 'cos after all we can buy the movies on DVD in the UK - is that most of these releases advertise amongst their special features the movie script as a PDF.

This is something I would love to have if it is the original Galton and Simpson shooting scripts.

However, also "out there" are so called continuity scripts or dialogue scripts which for some reason I've never been able to understand have simply been typed by someone from watching the actual movie.

The Galton and Simpson scripts on the other hand would have their stage directions, plus - most likely - snippets or whole scenes not in the finished film.

Can anyone shed any light on which it is that is contained on these new DVDs?

Cheers.
Eddie79

Re: Steptoe and Son movies - new Australian DVDs

Postby Archie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi Eddie welcome to the forum. Are you from Australia ?, I know that Steptoe was massive there and always wondered why Australian folks hadn't joined the community :o
Eeh I wanna see the Nudes of 1964
Archie

Postby Eddie79 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:38 am

Hi Archie - thanks very much for the welcome :) .

No, not from Australia - from NI actually! It's just that I spotted these DVDs and they sounded interesting.

I can confirm btw that they are not the original Galton and Simpson shooting scripts - they're post production scripts. However, these are still great releases - you get a brand new photo gallery plus the original press kit for the films as extras.

And the first Steptoe film is a brand new HD transfer apparently. I've ordered it myself - will report back when I receive.

All the best.
Eddie79

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:36 pm

I don't know who designs the covers for the Aussie DVDs, but I love em. 8)
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Postby newgen2005 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:25 am

Ordered these last night. Love the artwork, can find much info on them!. Will post back when they arrive.
newgen2005

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 pm

The covers are nice, but they're basically made up of the images from the film posters.

Steptoe and Son - The Movie http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/18425/steptoe-and-son-the-movie-britannia-collection

Steptoe and Son Ride Again - The Movie http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/18426/steptoe-and-son-ride-again-the-movie-britannia-collection

"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Postby Ilovesteptoe » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:03 pm

Great DVD pic uploads there. I know these are mock-ups of the posters on the covers but the company who release these have some cool artist impressions also on other DVD releases of classic sitcoms/films. Love em. 8)
Cheer if you love Steptoe & Son!

You dirty old man, cow son! Bognor here we come!
Ilovesteptoe

Location: In Swansea City travelling on my cart totting for deals!

Return to The knobs are on my side