Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Galton and Simpson have been known to say...

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Galton and Simpson have been known to say...

Postby The Pixel Surgeon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Galton and Simpson have been known to say, that the continuity of a set, is not what they worry about... If they need to change around the set, a bit, to suit what they’ve written, they will, hence the cubby hole under the stairs - just being one example...

The same happened on the Hancock’s Half Hour set (also written by G&S) and sometimes even appearing to change, almost on a weekly basis, to suit the script - with doors appearing and disappearing at random... I could go on...

Basically, it was down to the writers, and thus knew what was happening - and didn’t let the set, get in the way of a good script...
Last edited by The Pixel Surgeon on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is made up of ironies and people being manipulated"
The Pixel Surgeon

Postby PhilGlass » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:47 pm

Oh I agree. I know I posted about it in reply to something else, but in those days nobody cared and that was better. The trouble is I work in media so I notice these things (its a curse) but lots of sets were the same and its great that they concentrated more on the scripts.. it was a more innocent time.
PhilGlass

Return to The knobs are on my side