Play Steptoe and Son GamesContact Us about anything do to with Steptoe and Son

Worst Episode

An opportunity to discuss any aspect of the TV series

Moderators: Archie, Dirty Old Yank, PhilGlass

Worst Episode

Postby Rian » Sat May 31, 2008 8:27 pm

Lets make it harder!

Ok i want to know what episode(s) you think where not one of the best or maybe should of never made ,
Rian

Postby thatsthatthen » Sat May 31, 2008 10:29 pm

Rian

Why don't you go first?
:wink:
Who did she think she was?
thatsthatthen

Postby Rian » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:47 pm

ok i will lol
there hardly that many bad episodes really and im not saying that this episode should not of been made but i felt it was a bit boring and that it didnt have much of a good plotline.
and the episode i was talking about was....

A Winters Tale
Rian

Postby bob » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:37 pm

WHAT !!!!!#

It's a classic, I remeber my daughter listening to the radio version every night for months.
bob
Site Admin

Postby thatsthatthen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Flame War!!!!

:twisted:
thatsthatthen

Postby thrupnybit » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:58 am

At the risk of getting charred in the flame war :evil: hehe, maybe one or two of the episodes in series 8 were beginnning to seem a bit ropey, or forced??
Russ

'Why would I want to touch your thrupnybits for, I got thrupnybits o... of me own...'
thrupnybit

Postby Rian » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:24 am

lol aww no i wish i never made this topic lol,sorry its just the way i felt although i have watched it a couple of times so its not that i cant bare the thought of watching it lol.
Rian

Postby thatsthatthen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:22 pm

You are so funny Rian!

I've only watched Back in Fashion the once so it is probably my least favourite episode and P*rn Yesterday challenges the limits of credibility.

I still far prefer the earlier episodes, when the show felt fresh and there was genuine pathos and real drama.

I wasn't too keen on the first movie either.
thatsthatthen

Postby Rian » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:29 pm

lol why thankyou
yes i toataly agree,the old black and white ones where the best
Rian

Postby thatsthatthen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Rian

Did you finish all your exams? How do you think you did? When will you find out?

It's funny, I am always watching the older episodes. Series 1-4 have the episodes that do it for me. Series 5-8 are great, they're just not as great as 1-4.

It interests me that very few of the earlier episodes have been reviewed on this forum ... or perhaps they have and Bob's playing catch-up with the html :wink:

The writing and acting in the earlier episodes are perfect. If you watch all episodes in sequence you see the dynamic between the two changing, like they've bedded themselves in, are comfortable and are now playing it for laughs. They know they're funny. They just fall short of addressing the audience.

Also, because the actors are older yet their characters don't seem to age in line with this the whole set-up alters.
I find it very difficult to sympathise with a pushing-50 year old who has not yet fled the nest and blames his Dad for his own failings. It's much easier to understand the frustrated 37-year old...

moan moan moan

I do love S&S, but tonight it's SATC...because I saw the film on Friday and it was fabulous.
thatsthatthen

Postby Archie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:38 pm

I've never been keen on 'The siege of Steptoe Street' :cry:
Archie

Postby thatsthatthen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:45 pm

Wow Archie

That's really interesting as I love The Siege ... possibly because it's one of those nice ones where the pair work together, like in Wallah-Wallah Catsmeat.
thatsthatthen

Postby Rian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:35 am

well ive done 8 out of 10,got 2 more left on thursday then im finished :D then got my birthday on monday and then should be moving house after so quite a busy month.

I think i have done ok but i could of done better as ive had a very tough year at school this year and had quite a lot of time off due to this,and i think we get our results in august.

Yeah and i agree series 1-4 are probably the best in my opinion
and i would have to say the not so good series would have to be "series 8" although i do love upstairs,downstairs,upstairs,downstairs.
Rian

Postby SergeantBung » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:12 pm

OMG Rian!!!! We also share the same birthday :shock: It's my b'day on Monday too!! This is weird.

By the way Archie I'm disappointed that you feel that way about "Siege" as I put it forward as my fave episode in the above thread. Oh well, different opinions make life more interesting anyway :)
"You traitor, you Judas, you......you...."
"Stop! Don't call me a you-you"
SergeantBung

Postby Rian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Oh My God that is so wiered :o
Rian

Next

Return to The knobs are on my side